Hyundai coupe

Petrolize

Definitely autoshite, completely unloved and mega cheap even when new. V6 far too heavy for the car, post facelift unlikely to grow on anyone even now.

Four cylinder ones apparently handle quite well, they were on my want list for a while.

Just now, loserone said:

Definitely autoshite, completely unloved and mega cheap even when new. V6 far too heavy for the car, post facelift unlikely to grow on anyone even now.

Four cylinder ones apparently handle quite well, they were on my want list for a while.

Thats the list its on - the want list - somewhere between the Daewoo Espero and 6G Galant hatchback

And me! That's two weirdos, at least.

I think the way the front wings flare out actually looks quite good :-) As aside, I sat in one at the NEC motor show in the late 90s, and started chatting to one of the guys running the stand. My girlfriend mentioned the fact that I was already a Hyundai owner, to which the salesman asked which one? I swear you could see him shuffle with embarrassment when I answered "A Stellar"...

2. Another 2001 in 2.0L size but this was a total and utter eBay fuck up, which taught me a lesson.

Car advertised and car purchased were completely different. Thought I was covered by eBay and PayPal but not the case...

Sold car to a mate and he put on about 100,000 miles onto it and eventually wrote it off in an accident...

Actual Front End.jpg

Ebay Side Shot.JPG

3. 2003 2.7L V6 as a company car while working in Alberta.

Fun car to drive but nothing special really.

Liked my 1.6L SE to be honest, cost £650 with a couple of dents and replaced the front wing - see mismatched colour in first post.

Would not say no to one of the last versions now but I'm more into MPG (read diesel) and cheap tax bands these days to be honest....

4 minutes ago, Dirk Diggler said:

Thats the ugliest incarnation; first prettiest, the facelifts facelift fixed it a little

The interiors were vastly improved on the facelift but did find the exterior of the MK1 better looking, from certain angles.

Just now, Mrs6C said:

Interesting selection of red rectangles on that car! :-)

Yeah those were the obvious differences between the advertised car and the purchased car.

There were a number of other photos.

I was gutted, as the advert used different images of a truly immaculate car.

11 minutes ago, gtd2000 said:

Yeah those were the obvious differences between the advertised car and the purchased car.

There were a number of other photos.

I was gutted, as the advert used different images of a truly immaculate car.

That's a mean trick, certainly. Glad it did good service for your friend though. I'm surprised eBay / Paypal weren't interested as the car would not have been 'as described'.

46 minutes ago, Mrs6C said:

That's a mean trick, certainly. Glad it did good service for your friend though. I'm surprised eBay / Paypal weren't interested as the car would not have been 'as described'.

I would never buy a car or vehicle unseen after that fiasco.

It took an awful lot of resolve not to resort to "alternative" methods of redress, if I'm honest.

Lost £50 and a tank of fuel selling it to a pal that was looking for a car, I was more pissed off that I'd been "mugged" really.

I did think eBay or PayPal would get it sorted out but they didn't cover cars etc under a certain category of advert or suchlike.

It was actually a very decent low mileage example but not close to the immaculate and pristine condition car that was advertised....all water under the bridge now of course.

Those Scoupe's rusted like hell up this way.

Knew a lass with a white one which was mainly brown rust up to the windows ....

Was the turbo charged one as well. I had the 1.5L Pony GLS at the time 

20 hours ago, Mrs6C said:

The eBay / PayPal money back guarantee isn't valid for vehicles unfortunately. 

Well, I ended up giving in and saving it, was a non runner, but needs an alternator and belt, so that's getting done tonight. By the time I've paid for the parts, mechanics time and trailoring it though, the things standing me at £375 without it even having an MOT. 

Would it ever raffle at £6.35 a ticket in its current state or should I try getting it through an MOT and ask for more? 

I broke a gen 3 a few years ago, bought it damaged for £112 offaf ebay as it had been listed in the wrong section.  I recall it had the worst quality electrical connections of any car ever, fragile and fiddly as fook.  

Cracked exhaust manifolds and seized rear calipers are the order of the day