New purchase - not a Rover!

Roverageous

My other half has sort of half been thinking about learning to drive. I'm all for this, for obvious collectioneering benefits. What put her off before was not having a car to practise with in between lessons, so I began my search...

Interestingly one of my twitter followers posted up an MG ZR that he had taken in part exchange and was looking to flip. After a few messages back and forth we decided that it sounded a pretty good car, and for the money he wanted, we'd be a bit stupid not to purchase it.

So I now (sort of - it's her car really) own a 15 year old, automotive kettle! Despite the fact I'm physically way too tall for it and have to drive it with my knees round my ears, it's actually a decent car. It goes well, handles well and looks nice enough to invest some time in cleaning it up properly. It came with 60,000 miles and a massive wad of history (it was maintained at the garage where it was taken in part exchange), with no history of kettlement and no hint that its on the horizon either.

1036020420_20190505_1005412.thumb.jpg.c94d89dcf5335fe48214cc168c622a9c.jpg

The thing i hate about the newer kseries design is that god awful thermostat placement. To the point where i started just whipping the inlet off to change them. Theyre a pain in the butt.. and if you ever want to do one on a TF, good luck

Being an 04 is this MEMs3? If so it should have a few improvements such as a float switch in the coolant bottle. It may be however that it was sat for a few years and just registered late. I'm always amazed at their project drive, and exactly the ridiculous methods they utilised to save money when MGRG realised they were going under. 

Removal of arch liners, some had rear ARB removed, chrome sill strips binned, chrome door handles reduced, manual mirrors etc etc