Sprinter camper

Marm Toastsmith

Home now... was using wi-fi on the train, turns out I haven't setup data properly on the bargain basement smartphone hence no updates...

Here's what you missed: Was met at Plymouth station by a very nice man in a Toyota Avensis... We drove to Tavistock to find a blue Mercedes van. Quirks of the vehicle were discussed, keys and paperwork handed over. I decided to mostly ignore the rusty bits and concentrate on essentials like the first aid kit and the stickers. We then decided it would be sensible to test it on some challenging roads so set out on a convoy over some of Dartmoor's finest gradients. Second gear was found to be very useful.

Mid way through we had a pint of shandy each, and talked shite while admiring the view.

IMG_20190505_164435.jpg

IMG_20190505_163132.jpg

Suitably refreshed, we completed a mini tour of Dartmoor, and I fully tested the handling capabilities of the van.

I lost HMC while circumnavigating a roundabout three times. The sat nav kept telling me to take the A30.  All 4 exits seemed to be labelled A30 and I was pretty sure it was the wrong road anyway. In the end I was right all along about which exit to take. But sometimes you need to go round a few times to get a feel for things. And again it's good to check out the handling of a new vehicle.

After all that excitement I needed a break, and I thought I'd treat the Merc to a fill up too.

Bloody hell. How much? 

The good news is that despite driving it pretty much flat for the remaining 172 miles home I only used a quarter of a tank. Seems a bloody huge tank though.

Had a great day. Brilliant meeting such a top shiter and the Merc both met and surpassed my expectations performing as close to faultlessly as you could possibly imagine for £500.

I love my new truck.

IMG_20190505_182216.jpg

IMG_20190505_184756.jpg

IMG_20190505_184846.jpg

IMG_20190505_220157.jpg