Death Row-ver Roffle. Cavcraft, come on down!

DoctorRetro

15 minutes ago, TheDoctor said:

Wouldn't be that cheap actually, as I need to raise the money to fix the Rover's faults and pay back Cavcraft, so would be about 400 quid I'd need. 

Let me have a thunk about it. Full (or as near as possible) ticket on the E36 if I remember correctly?

On 5/13/2019 at 8:20 AM, Cavcraft said:

Right, don’t want to see this bridged as it looks like quite a good laugh. CTB have offered £140, does anyone want to match that and drive away happy*?

It’s in Southend I think, which basically is like a cockney Rhyl, and you could go put a knotted snot rag on your head and have an ice cream with Bish Bosh Bob.

The R8 is second prize. First prize is a dose of Herpes.

Jesus Christ you miserable bastards. :D

I have advertised it locally on behalf of Cavcraft and have already taken a deposit. 

It's not being collected until 3rd June, and it's kind of weird having a car in my possession which is already two owners beyond me but still with my name on the logbook. (And still taxed and insured at the moment) 

It's future is one of those charity banger rallies - of course, so I guess I've saved the new owner the hassle of making it look silly... 

Loads of people had the opportunity to "save" this but the majority of people who entered the raffle openly admitted to potentially just wanting t weigh it in if they actually won. If anyone felt so strongly about its future they should have stepped up and bought it when they had the chance. Hopefully it gets fragged sooner and nobody has to set eyes on the monstrosity ever again.

2 minutes ago, DodgyBastard said:

Loads of people had the opportunity to "save" this but the majority of people who entered the raffle openly admitted to potentially just wanting t weigh it in if they actually won. If anyone felt so strongly about its future they should have stepped up and bought it when they had the chance. Hopefully it gets fragged sooner and nobody has to set eyes on the monstrosity ever again.

I do agree I that I do find that a bit sad that people where doing that and I did hope it would end up with someone who did not want to simply scrap it immediately

but its pretty clear my opinion that it should be saved is a minority one and its probably in my best interests that I dont go on about it anymore, I dont want to annoy or upset any more people

4 minutes ago, catsinthewelder said:

Liked for the first bit,  if anyone was desperate to save it they could have bought it for £150 at any time in the last 3 weeks.

Totes agree.

1 hour ago, LightBulbFun said:

I do agree I that I do find that a bit sad that people where doing that and I did hope it would end up with someone who did not want to simply scrap it immediately

but its pretty clear my opinion that it should be saved is a minority one and its probably in my best interests that I dont go on about it anymore, I dont want to annoy or upset any more people

If you're not going to step up and do something about saving it yourself, don't moan that nobody else did anything to save it. I'm sure there are plenty of other Rovers out there to concern yourself with. Personally I think if the OP hadn't ruined it in the first place there would have been a much higher percentage of people who would genuinely want to save it but in its current condition it just simply isn't worth bothering with.

7 hours ago, DodgyBastard said:

If you're not going to step up and do something about saving it yourself, don't moan that nobody else did anything to save it. I'm sure there are plenty of other Rovers out there to concern yourself with. Personally I think if the OP hadn't ruined it in the first place there would have been a much higher percentage of people who would genuinely want to save it but in its current condition it just simply isn't worth bothering with.

Aye, too many people are too quick to tell everyone else what they think they should or shouldn’t be doing with their stuff these days. They’re usually the ones who do fuck-all about fuck-all for themselves. The saying “put up or shut up” comes to mind. 

Which is all well and good, but to be fair OP has offered to put the car back to rights.

Car market is a bit odd at the minute.  PSA stuff seems to be a tad less cheap than it used to be, but nearly everything else is unwanted, in spite of the higher value of scrap currently.  Look at GM's Almera, par example.

It was the Doc's car to do with as he wished. Seems he had great fun customising it along with his son for a few hours, it didn't cost him a great deal and it can go on to a banger rally or be used as advertising for something, or whatever.  Appears to have caused no harm whatsoever.

• 3 weeks later...

Just to add a footnote to this saga, the car never made it into the lucky* winners hands. 

It was sold on via Facebook marketplace, and the new owner is collecting 15th June (deposit paid). 

It will live on in the form of a charity banger rally vehicle, apparently in October this year. 

I will miss it though, and driving it round recently with a completely snapped exhaust and clunking from brake pad has been hilarious. 

2140719718_phoneupload1401.jpg.20de29088f44c6bde4fb51716efe4999.jpg.d78561951fdaa9c1b4fbfaa8a3eea2fe.jpg

To be fair, it looks a lot less half-arsed than most banger rally cars with all your modifications!

Plus it sounded like it’s time was more or less up anyway, I’d much rather something like this gets driven in a jokey manner to Munich or wherever (actually probably not anywhere in Germany, thinking about it) than a cherished 1994 Mondeo with 29k and FSH that’s been purchased from someone’s 89 year old uncle for £200 ‘as that’s what WBAC offered’.