a grand day out - yes folks, it's collection time

gm

sitrep : train is running mildly late, allowing less time for pissing about whilst making my connection. a mad dash between loondoon stations it will be. 

next stop :

image.thumb.jpg.3095daf410eb39360f02bcb68ab5b453.jpg

3 minutes ago, gm said:

ok, update time

image.jpg.86f48ed52dedc7e3b2c9a05f7b9faa98.jpg

loondoon has been achieved, must not smile or risk giving away my northern-ness :

hehe... I smile at people (and am a Londoner) but they invariably give me a funny look.

They won't think you're northern, they'll think you're mad.

Anyway, nobody cares where you're from. Nobody apart from me was actually born here.

34 minutes ago, Jim Bell said:

Top Toilet Tip: You don't have to pay to use the lavatory facilities in Kings Cross any more. You might not have time though. 

skilfully avoided by using the one on the train just before arrival

On a quiet afternoon at work it's always nice to be kept entertained by collection threads. I wonder how many days go by without one on A/S? Not many I suspect.

Margate to Newcastle, that's a nice size collection. Looking forward to seeing the return conveyance and hoping for you it's a comfy one.

Chodspeed intrepid traveller,

33 minutes ago, dome said:

I paid for the whole seat, but I'm only using the edge of it.  Much like a loo visit after Jim bells been in...

Is it Swedish?

image.thumb.jpg.b507e592073435f2019343bc557a7cff.jpg

5 minutes ago, snagglepuss said:

Ohhhh caught up late.

Nice classic breakfast shot. You can see you have moved south of border due to lack of square meatage or oat based soup.

8.5/10

now I've left the land of the sctsh, I can safely confess to not really being a fan of the beer mat sausage, I do miss a good bit of haggis though 

image.jpg

new train is is here and quickly turned around, currently bombing my way even souther as we speak, pretty quick these spam javelins

right then, where did we get to ?

my final destination was achieved

image.jpg.9c7a1c083db23b27e866fcc4ba747d91.jpg

where I was met by Vantman of this parish. we adjourned to his place where he showed me around the car and taught me how to drive it (I've never had an automatic before)

coffees, documents and pictures of her maj were exchanged and it was time to hot the road.

once I'd learned to keep my left foot under control, I settled down with the intent of beating rush hour on the m25. and I did. traffic was pretty good so I kept pressing on and have stopped for a mcpiss at Newark, approx half way home already.

it was great to meet you too, Brian, and the car is a smasher - she really flies when you get the foot down, I'm one happy saab'er :)

Love a Saab - well purloined, sir.

It is odd going from a Spanish waiter to a giffermatic - I found tucking my left foot under the seat for the first few days soon put paid to any empty pedal shenanigans. You'll soon wonder how you ever lived without an auto - ultimate barge-waft and a totally relaxing way to drive.