BMW 320 coupe

DoctorRetro

4 minutes ago, TheDoctor said:

Just over 12 hours to go before this journey begins.

For some! :-) I shall be starting out in a couple of hours time (well, about 4 hours) so I have just taken a shot of the luxury* conveyance for the next 20 hours or so.

Glorious sunshine and warm here, not so where we are heading!

IMG_3608[1].JPG

7 hours ago, Saabnut said:

For some! :-) I shall be starting out in a couple of hours time (well, about 4 hours) so I have just taken a shot of the luxury* conveyance for the next 20 hours or so.

Glorious sunshine and warm here, not so where we are heading!

IMG_3608[1].JPG

Hey, it was sort of sunny today. A little bit.

At least it's not chucking down hailstones like it was a couple of days ago...

The total distance I need to travel in my part in this collection mission is... erm... nothing. :D

My part in this is done! Dropped the Doc off in Stonehaven and he was met by Supernaut.

Got up at 0620 yesteday, left at 1730 last night and covered 962 miles at an average of 52mpg in a 150 quid snotter. Life does not get better, but if I don't get some sleep soon it may get shorter!

Arrived at Scotch Corner services, after Google maps took me over the pennines. 

Only 250 miles to go.

Verdict so far? Car is pretty competent, and not as bad on fuel as expected. My calculations point to about 31mpg.

It feels solid, but worn like a comfy loafer. The only part that doesn't feel worn is this lever. Probably never been used ?

IMG_20190507_202450.thumb.jpg.fdd5322f1e7da33bce438709b53237a9.jpg

IMG_20190507_202528.thumb.jpg.b64201e119ac8a303fb09eba2a04942f.jpg

26 minutes ago, Cheezey said:

On those wheels it's a really great looking car. I was hopeful of winning it. That said I did fancy trying to paint it 1992 BTCC colours. Maybe for the best I didn't win it. 

Safe journey home. 

I’d always be looking over my shoulder in case John Cleland tried to twat me thinking I was Steve Soper

This is also of no help but I must rescind my offer of driving you a leg from Leeds to Nottingham, large gin has occurred.

I’m sure by now you’re already addicted to the loveliness of a straight six over the xud and wouldn’t want anyone else driving anyway.

Nearly there lad!

2 minutes ago, Cheezey said:

The man's an animal!

I miss that era of btcc, toyotas on their roof via a team mate, winkelhock and John Leslie, (rip) in an Ecurie Ecosse, etc.

If I could just dig out my old Duke VHS of the season highlights and obviously some sort of machine to watch it on I’d be laughing. I’ll confess to being a family of voxholls and therfire wanting them to win until Alfa joined with a reputed £3m budget or whatever I read it was in Carweek (remember that?)