BMW 320 coupe

DoctorRetro

If my deduction is correct, number 9 was the bonus ball last night, meaning I now have a BMW to collect from Aberdeen. 

So far, flights are too expensive, as is the train, unless I grab a bargain ticket at an odd time. Still a 10 hour train ride and 90 quid. 

My location : Southend on Sea :D

545 miles according to Google, and at 25 mpg, that is about 120 quid in fuel. 

Am I going to do it? Watch this space... 

Any helpful* suggestions gratefully appreciated. 

That sounds like a cracking plan. But that means you'd have to spend several hours with me, and I wouldn't want to inflict that on anyone :D

If you can cope with that, drop me a line to arrange. 

I'd also have to check with Supernaut that 'some time on Tuesday' would be OK for collection... 

Got it now!

This is going to be a good collection thread.

I'm already emotionally disconnected from the 320 now, haven't driven it for at least a week. I've just been checking it's in one piece and still there, parked round the corner.

So far:

Drive to Tilbury for about 2am on Tuesday. Leave Rover somewhere safe* (No option of train as they don't run between midnight and 4 am,)

Meet Saabnut and get lift to Aberdeen.

Collect BMW and drive 545 miles home.

Sleep lots.

Collect Rover (If it is still there)

WCPGW?

I think TheDoctor is the only person whose other car will make this BMW look showroom condition in comparison!

Breakdown cover! I call libelous slander on that!

By the way, the radio in it has a USB slot, so you can even bring a thumb drive full of your favourite tunes to keep you company. It has cruise control, too. Good for long journeys. It doesn't help it drink any less fuel though.

23 minutes ago, TheDoctor said:

Oi, leave my Rover out of this.

On second thoughts, does anyone reckon a roffle at £2.50 a ticket of my Rover would be funny?

No CD player? Does the charger port work? That's the biggest question!

£150 for your rover? Kill two birds with one stone and drive the rover up and I'll buy it from you on the way and could give you a lift the rest of the way. 

49 minutes ago, Shite Knight said:

£150 for your rover? Kill two birds with one stone and drive the rover up and I'll buy it from you on the way and could give you a lift the rest of the way. 

That's not a bad suggestion, will give it some thought. I don't have breakdown cover on the Rover, so could be risky... 

7 minutes ago, hairnet said:

Drive rover up

Roffle

Drive beemer back down

Gotta be cheaper than. The train

How does one roffle a vehicle that's on the move?

Also, sod's law would dictate that the winner would be in the complete opposite direction of travel anyway.

3 hours ago, Supernaut said:

How does one roffle a vehicle that's on the move?

Also, sod's law would dictate that the winner would be in the complete opposite direction of travel anyway.

Would be interesting to see if he could sell the roffle out before he managed the return distance.

id have one for the Rover.

So, for the time being I'm collecting the 320 on Tuesday. I have a long drive ahead of me, so I'll try to stop and update occasionally... 

I'm keeping the Rover for now, but you know how often I change my mind! 

Expect me driving a Perodua Kelisa next month and both the Rover and the BMW up for sale :D

12 hours ago, TheDoctor said:

So, for the time being I'm collecting the 320 on Tuesday. I have a long drive ahead of me, so I'll try to stop and update occasionally... 

Expect me driving a Perodua Kelisa next month and both the Rover and the BMW up for sale :D

Let me know what time you may hit Leeds...I can potentially drive it for you to Nottingham and for the sake of a tenner (funded by your failed galaxy roffle tickets :) ) get a train home from there, gets me out of house, etc.

Would give you chance to rest for 60 miles in the passenger seat, let me know.

21 hours ago, TheDoctor said:

You could save all of the hassle of collecting the bmw and just sell it now, I happen to know of someone who wanted to buy it outright... 

I forgot to mention - I'm getting a lift from Essex to Aberdeen, thanks to Saabnut, so I think I've found the best solution all round. 

I have put the BMW on a secondary classic policy, so I really need to keep the Rover for now, just to keep my no claims discount...