Slartibartfast

Upgrade complete - thanks for your patience

Hi all,

Sorry to keep the site offline for so long. The upgrade took longer to run than I'd planned for and I encountered a few bugs and issues that didn't happen with the test site.

There will almost certainly be a few teething problems here and there, but we should be able to knock them on the head as they appear.

Thanks for bearing with us!

Word.

And welcome to the 21st century homies!  

I think it looks gr9.  Clean, contemporary, very good.

One thing though.  On mobile viewing, pictures that used to fill the frame now look tiny.  Is there a seperate 'mobile' version or will new posts look better or is this a niggle?  (I've probably explained myself badly)

Do you mean posts from before the upgrade?

If so I think it's still rebuilding then in the background, I can see a list of processes on the admin panel and one of them (not yet completed) is to rebuild reply images. They should get better

7 minutes ago, BorniteIdentity said:

Looks the same as it does on a machine, sadly.  

I'm sure Wolf will be along to confirm when he's has his well deserved sleep but yes I think the rebuilding work the forum software is doing in the background will fix those. 

Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble

Oh, we are back! I think I have survived OK!

I was very impressed with the number of different "Autoshite is offline" messages that were displayed, I think I counted 9 different ones during the upgrade (not that I am sad and kept checking if it was back, oh no)

4 hours ago, anonymous user said:

I said it was dangerous for the forum to be offline. I knew I'd do something stupid. I went out for a drive yesterday morning and I am now in the middle of France. Hopefully I will find my way home by the weekend. 

Call in for a beer if you are in the Le Mans/Tours area

Like the better layout and updated software, the theme and fonts are terrible though, for those (like me) that don't like it click on the Theme button at the very bottom of any page and select default, yes you lose the beige but it makes the forum readable and doesn't strain your eyes.

Forum looks great, for sure. Thanks Slarti and crew for the graft. 

One thing re logins - I couldn't see see anything on the mobile version main pages to be able to login? It was only when I opened a thread and went to reply that it told me I'd need to login. I clicked on the 'you need to login' text and it worked, although it wasn't highlighted, so felt a bit like  a guessing game. 

Edit: I have found some invisible buttons at the navigation bar at the top of the page. Looks like they're the main navigation tools - they're currently the same colour as everything else though... Also, how do you change from the mobile theme onto the desktop theme on a  mobile?

Happy that the place is back though, and that the velour has clearly been upgraded to the very finest early 80's Vauxhall!

Probably my age, but I find it more difficult to read, someone mentioned a default to white background, where do I do that please?

May take me several years to acclimatise.

Edit, I've got it now, Theme- default at bottom of page. 

No beige, but I can read it. Will alternate for a while.