Welcome to the new forum! Here's some tips and tricks

7 hours ago, loserone said:

Holler if you need any help with DMARC

Cheers but i think it's all OK, Gmail likes our setup, MXToolbox likes us, mail tester likes us its just Microsoft that don't. We are on the naughty step ish with them at the moment.

15 minutes ago, Remspoor said:

None of the above.

I joined using gmail. I then switched to my email associated with my website. That has it's own server and based here Spain.  That switch meant I could receive daily updates for a week or so. Then they stopped again. I went back to the Gmail and then tried another email server with a temporary address. None of them worked. Just after Xmas was when I never received any link to change email address. Then I could not get back in.

I normally use thunderbird but I can also read the own server and gmail on line. Nothing got through.

Could you PM me your mail domain and i'll check the logs to see if they don't like us and I need to send them a BL cigar lighter bribe to get us whitelisted?

• 3 weeks later...
On 19/02/2021 at 11:15, R1152 said:

As a new member, is there a guide to such things as user rankings and similarly, things like how long posts are pre-modded for (a very good idea IMO) and limits on things such as reactions to posts?

Yes. I am In the process of something along these lines. Hopefully by the end of the month. 

23 minutes ago, brownnova said:

Yes. I am In the process of something along these lines. Hopefully by the end of the month. 

aww your going to spoil the Mystery! LOL

when I first signed up, I thought the more unusual user ranks where assigned to users of note by the moderators having some fun :) (this thought was helped by the fact that when people did set custom user titles/ranks they kept the "Rank:" bit)

it was only after a little while did I figure out that after 500 posts you can/could set your own :) and It still took me some time to figure what was an actual Rank or what was a custom Rank/title set by the user LOL

(its why when I set mine, I kept the "Rank:" bit just to keep the Mystery alive LOL)

I have encounter quite a few forum text editor bugs

but this is a new one! 

seems harmless as when I posted the red text it thankfully was not red in the posted post (notice the blinking cursor itself was red as well never seen that before)

but still made me go WTF LOL, and figured id post it just incase it might give clues to the other bugs mentioned here etc @tobyd

(Chrome 88.0 on OS X 10.14.6) 

I'd imagine thats got something to do with the spelling correction deciding to continue to red text span - I don't get the option for spellig correction on Edge, FF or chrome on win 10 but i'll have a go with Linux later and see what it think.

I'm getting frequent occurrences of the error in the attached screenshot. A quick google shows it to be related to the memory size limit on the server, with this as the suggested remedy:

Please find line "memory_limit =" in "php.ini" , then replace it with "memory_limit = 100M"

Can anyone take a look at this?

Ta

b286332853a600e9962e8f292ef92cfb.jpg

Forum page has got incredibly slow as of late. I can only access two threads before the site baulks and times out for roughly 10 minutes before going back to normal. Yesterday evening it was completely inaccessible. Is anyone else having this issue or is this my ISP doing silly buggers?

On 2/27/2021 at 4:04 PM, Fumbler said:

Forum page has got incredibly slow as of late. I can only access two threads before the site baulks and times out for roughly 10 minutes before going back to normal. Yesterday evening it was completely inaccessible. Is anyone else having this issue or is this my ISP doing silly buggers?

I am not having those issues. Maybe Interweb browser issue...... clear cache and cookies to see if that helps.

23 hours ago, Remspoor said:

I am not having those issues. Maybe Interweb browser issue...... clear cache and cookies to see if that helps.

Router's cache was automatically reset and it seems it's fine again. I love it when things fix themselves.

• 1 month later...

How do I search my content? I tried the idea on page 1 but what you suggest is not there. 

I also tried the "highlighting the section you want to quote" and that didn't work either.

Its not going well!