Jump to content
Pillock

Welcome to the new forum! Here's some tips and tricks

Recommended Posts

I've broken the internet! Why if I press on the autoshite logo it takes me to a page with just the sites top banner and a line telling me I'm online? It never done this even this morning, pressing the logo took me to the forum main page. What have I done?

Pic added:

Screenshot_20191105-220809.thumb.jpg.54c2de40c2b7ddd5fc499d17ab6f6f9a.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After the recent update I thought tapatalk was fixed, but I am still having issues with it. 

The main one is that the unread feed on tapatalk will only let you browse about 5 threads before it stops working.  It works perfectly for the other sites I use it on such as MX5 Nutz and it used to work before the last couple of forum updates. I dont know if there is a plug in or something that could with updating. 

 

Edit: it looks like this

1ee60fab43627c128c907524df6ac432.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
After the recent update I thought tapatalk was fixed, but I am still having issues with it. 
The main one is that the unread feed on tapatalk will only let you browse about 5 threads before it stops working.  It works perfectly for the other sites I use it on such as MX5 Nutz and it used to work before the last couple of forum updates. I dont know if there is a plug in or something that could with updating. 
 
Edit: it looks like this
1ee60fab43627c128c907524df6ac432.jpg
Yeah I'm getting the same and the unread number seems to keep growing and never get any lower

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Eyersey1234 said:

Apologies if this has been covered somewhere, for future reference how do I tag someone in a post? 

start by typing the @ symbol then the person's username immediately afterwards

it will as you start to type their name provide a drop down menu of users with that name and you can then select the right one like so:

@Eyersey1234  

image.png.7fc60586e717c3154e3e19f34ead4219.png

once the @name gains a blue box around it then the user will be tagged once the post is posted 

Hope this helps :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/5/2019 at 10:02 PM, BoggyMires said:

I've broken the internet! Why if I press on the autoshite logo it takes me to a page with just the sites top banner and a line telling me I'm online? It never done this even this morning, pressing the logo took me to the forum main page. What have I done?

Pic added:

Screenshot_20191105-220809.thumb.jpg.54c2de40c2b7ddd5fc499d17ab6f6f9a.jpg

Mine has just started doing this too... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@snagglepuss - what version of the client is it (and version of android)? I have just installed v8.6.5 and can see pictures and a zillion unread posts.

That Punto one loads up with pictures one and I can happily scroll about. Lots of adverts though.

I can seemingly scroll forever too?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, dozeydustman said:

How does one amend their signature on here now?

might be a bit different if your on mobile but the general gist is

click on your name on the top right of the screen/page then account settings, then there will be a signature tab :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not entirely sure where to put this, but here goes.

 

Re: Ebay Tat thread. Is it possible for a warning message or summert to be put on to warn of a car/shitter being re-posted? I understand completely that it can be a ballache to scroll through posts on there to see if this Horsey Horseless XR Gti Convertible has been posted before, so in order to stop the same thing being unwittingly posted 38673 times, and all that entails, thought it'd be useful.

I have no idea about what software is being used, but I've got something similar @ work, where if I input some data/photo/file twice, it warns me before submission.

Just a thought.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, outlaw118 said:

Not entirely sure where to put this, but here goes.

 

Re: Ebay Tat thread. Is it possible for a warning message or summert to be put on to warn of a car/shitter being re-posted? I understand completely that it can be a ballache to scroll through posts on there to see if this Horsey Horseless XR Gti Convertible has been posted before, so in order to stop the same thing being unwittingly posted 38673 times, and all that entails, thought it'd be useful.

I have no idea about what software is being used, but I've got something similar @ work, where if I input some data/photo/file twice, it warns me before submission.

Just a thought.

regardless of if the forum software can do that

I see an issue arise in that you can have 2 different URLs for the same item

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Osram-HMI-18000w-Halide-Studio-Lamp-W-SE-GX51-18kW-Light-Bulb/324033039772

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/324033039772

although both do contain the item number in the URL so it might be possible to sort via that (but im not sure what other possible URLs there are)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm delving into the unknown here....and I'll freely admit I have no idea what I'm talking about... I (sort of) understand what you've just said Sir Lightbulb, so instead of identifying duplicated URLs, can it not be made to see duplicated IMG code things?
Like I said, I've no idea what that will entail, or if it's even possible.

 

Moon on a stick?

 

Probably.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/1/2019 at 12:43 AM, LightBulbFun said:

start by typing the @ symbol then the person's username immediately afterwards

it will as you start to type their name provide a drop down menu of users with that name and you can then select the right one like so:

@Eyersey1234  

image.png.7fc60586e717c3154e3e19f34ead4219.png

once the @name gains a blue box around it then the user will be tagged once the post is posted 

Hope this helps :) 

Has anyone been able to get this working on a mobile device?  If I type @username on any of the Android devices I own, in any browser, it just types the name rather than giving me the option to tag anyone.  Trying to force the browser to use the desktop version doesn't make any difference.

Would be nice to get this working given the feature exists.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Zelandeth said:

Has anyone been able to get this working on a mobile device?  If I type @username on any of the Android devices I own, in any browser, it just types the name rather than giving me the option to tag anyone.  Trying to force the browser to use the desktop version doesn't make any difference.

Would be nice to get this working given the feature exists.

@Zelandeth  works good on my iPhone...

7B6883E0-44FE-43D2-8FE6-044533CB6BA6.thumb.png.120afeb4ffeba6ca3d30c6b7e5139748.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(I just type @ and then start typing the name right after it and it gives me a drop down menu as it does on the desktop, perhaps it might be worth typing part of the name out and seeing if its just taking its sweet time to load the drop down menu?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah ha!

It DOES work, however it pops up underneath the keyboard and I have to manually hide it before I can get to the menu.  Stupid when the screen is otherwise 80% empty... can't quite believe I never thought to try that before though.

Reminds me of the Windows Vista start menu which used to insist on opening in a 2" square at the bottom of the screen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Zelandeth said:

Ah ha!

It DOES work, however it pops up underneath the keyboard and I have to manually hide it before I can get to the menu.  Stupid when the screen is otherwise 80% empty... can't quite believe I never thought to try that before though.

Reminds me of the Windows Vista start menu which used to insist on opening in a 2" square at the bottom of the screen.

Aww was hoping id get to nerd out with this Android Virtual machine I just spun up LOL (does remind me I still need to get a fresh battery for the Samsung S4 mini, so I can finally have a working android phone on hand to help with situations like this)

image.thumb.png.a0b6b5e7248d8b88ceacd10aafd2d2e7.png

 

but Im happy to hear you finally figured out what was going on and got it working :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Zelandeth said:

Okay...mostly works.  It's touchy as hell in Firefox, but works.

Only in a new post though, the functionality doesn't appear to work if you edit an existing post.  I'm less bothered about that though.

the entire forum software suite is touchy as hell! (or more specifically the god awful text editor is touchy as hell)

 

never going to know when I hit enter to move down a line and it just randomly deletes a section of the text above THAT bug is fucking annoying...

thankfully usually CMD Z (undo) gets the text back then I hit CMD A (select all), CMD C (Copy) all the text then refresh the page, (because the bug does not go away until I refresh) and paste everything back in gets things back on track...

(one of these days when it happens I should screen record it LOL)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BTW side note if your wondering as to why request desktop does not work as you want is because the web layout automatically reshuffles itself once the horizontal resolution drops below a certain value 

so technically you are getting the desktop site kinda ya just dont really see it if that makes any sense! 

 

image.thumb.png.630b604d22115d2e8ce4c50d25762256.png

(the restored content is because the editor rather timely shat itself and would not let me paste in any images yay!)

image.thumb.png.dedf4e18700d8a70509e1690f9cb8bfa.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Similar Content

    • By Stanky
      Hi all,
      Apologies for the downtime, there was some routing issues with our hosting provider which meant the server was cut off from the outside world. I'm finding out what went wrong and how we can avoid a repeat.
       
    • By pauldoubleyou
      A proper shite 90s jet ski just came up by me and I’m sorely tempted. Looks like a decent version of the year, a seadoo spi.
       
      Seems rotax powered which I remember from my karting days and I’m hoping to go and see it tomorrow. Looks like a two cylinder carb fed job.
       

       
      Anyone played with them?
       
      As usual the engines in bits and it’s missing the jet whatever that is. Presume where the prop fires water down?
       
      Are there any rules to it’s use or can I just get it running and blast about on it on the local water and lochs?
       
       
      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    • By pauldoubleyou
      So I’ve held off here for a month now but I’m stuck and need advice.
       
      Some of you might remember I had a Golf Turbo estate for sale in Jan. Well I sold it to Exiled_Tat_Gatherer and he paid for it with the intention of collection.
       
      But, I haven’t had a message off him in nearly 4 weeks now and I’ve messaged loads. I’ve phoned him and got voicemail. Now I’m not trying to muddy the lads credibility at all, he’s done his bit but I’m worried about not being able to get in touch.
       
      He’s in Belgium and intended to fly over and collect. I’m aware he bought numerous other cars off here and wanted to collect them all in a oner but he’s now not posted in ages.
       
      What the hell do I do? I really need the car shifting but he’s paid for it. I can’t store it forever and I’m still paying tax on it so it can be legal for him to collect.
       
      Really stuck. Any advice appreciated. I’m erring towards selling it on and refunding him if I can get hold of him but don’t want to be the arsehole.
       
      Sorry if this isn’t the way to do things but I’m really at a loss.
       
       
      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    • By pauldoubleyou
      Seen on Facebook. No pics of the monza / manza
       

       
       
      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    • By pauldoubleyou
      Is anyone else into their kits? In new money, that’s scale models.
       
      Is anyone selling any? I have an unhealthy collection that I can’t particularly let the wife see.
       
      Latest Abrams about ready to be weathered and next oldie but goody..
       

       

       
       
       
       
      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
×
×
  • Create New...