Autoshite technical help. Ask questions about how the site works here.

Pillock

8 minutes ago, Peter C said:

Pre update, if I clicked on a thread that I’ve viewed before, I was taken to the page and section that I’ve viewed before.

Post update, regardless how many times I’ve seen a post before, I’m taken to the top of page 1.

Why is this?

Click on the number of replies and it takes you to the end. It’s not obvious but it does work at least.

12 minutes ago, Tamworthbay said:

Click on the number of replies and it takes you to the end. It’s not obvious but it does work at least.

No luck, 99% of the time I’m on my iPhone and it’s not letting me click on the number of replies. If I try, the phone offers to copy the text.

4 minutes ago, Peter C said:

No luck, 99% of the time I’m on my iPhone and it’s not letting me click on the number of replies. If I try, the phone offers to copy the text.

I change it to desktop version on my phone as the mobile version does my nut in. The same platform is used on a music forum I use and that’s the same. I don’t know if the people who design the ‘upgrade’ ever use the stuff they work but they seem to do some weird shit at times.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry if I’ve missed this but how on earth do I get the desktop version on my iPhone? If I hold the refresh button down I get ‘Request desktop version’ but the forum software overrides it and it stays in mobile. I literally cannot use the forum at the moment as this mobile version seems terrible.

plz halp, miss AS. 

• 2 weeks later...

The issue with only thumbnail images showing in threads from prior to the upgrade was something that if I remember right was meant to resolve itself in time as the server refreshed things...however a lot of threads still seem to have tiny embedded images.  Like so...page 1 of my fleet blog.

Screenshot_20190709_233747_org.mozilla.firefox.thumb.jpg.743529ed30a075056409f7d0a0dad8c3.jpg

Is this something that's just the way it is, or is it going to resolve at some point?

So far the only way to fix it from my side is to totally delete an attachment and re-add it...and that just ain't happening with the upload system and editor these days...

12 hours ago, Zelandeth said:

The issue with only thumbnail images showing in threads from prior to the upgrade was something that if I remember right was meant to resolve itself in time as the server refreshed things...however a lot of threads still seem to have tiny embedded images.  Like so...page 1 of my fleet blog.

Screenshot_20190709_233747_org.mozilla.firefox.thumb.jpg.743529ed30a075056409f7d0a0dad8c3.jpg

Is this something that's just the way it is, or is it going to resolve at some point?

So far the only way to fix it from my side is to totally delete an attachment and re-add it...and that just ain't happening with the upload system and editor these days...

I have found that I can fix the issue, by opening up a small image so its full size, then copy its URL, and past it so it embeds itself like your linking an external image

(so I sort of create a feedback loop LOL) thats still quite a faff tho

the small image thing seems to be a thumbnail thing, as the images themselves are fine once ya click on them

maybe if someone can have a root around in the server software, and refresh the thumbnails to a size that's not 100x100 pixels?

• 2 weeks later...

just did a bit of sleuthing regarding a plain text editor

has any of the techy mods/admins (im not sure who exactly is responsible for the up keep of the forum software @Slartibartfast ?) tried this here to get rid of the shitty text editor? https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/356448-rich-text-editor/?do=findComment&comment=2257405

I cant see where the link goes off to as the forum says I need a client account but I figured id post it here as it seems like it might be something :)

also rather ironically? the editor broke horribly while typing this up LOL

image.thumb.png.ba074c935a51c3756f00498008f3a3d3.png

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, MorrisItalSLX said:

Anyone else having issues with images loading? I’m using Tapatalk and most of the images are refusing to load, showing the “broken photo” symbol.

Occasionally, but I don't use tapatalk, just the web or mobile versions. This may also be where some members have deleted attachments.

Is there anyway I can remove old/expired notifications?

If you are using Tapatalk it is a bit broken at the moment. I am getting duplicate threads, stuff out of order etc. Makes the site almost unviewable

So here is an example hairnets response is showing up before one from a day ago

1f8d3b87d19cabc13e0ab0b1ce5a809f.jpg9debba73207e807a97cbc0ab9d8ce37e.jpg

6037277fe19d05cb41d4503d86bf641c.jpg

How can I access the "most liked" thread?
There used to be a link at the bottom of the home page but not any more.

The Moderating Team   Today's Top Posters   Overall Top Posters    Most Liked Content

In fact none of these useful links seem to exist any more.
The search function and even a google Autoshite search for "most liked" return nothing of any use.

On 8/17/2019 at 3:54 PM, snagglepuss said:

If you are using Tapatalk it is a bit broken at the moment. I am getting duplicate threads, stuff out of order etc. Makes the site almost unviewable

So here is an example hairnets response is showing up before one from a day ago

1f8d3b87d19cabc13e0ab0b1ce5a809f.jpg9debba73207e807a97cbc0ab9d8ce37e.jpg

6037277fe19d05cb41d4503d86bf641c.jpg

Yea, but no but, he doesn’t make sense anyway :-)

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder it has something to do with volume of forum traffic. When it gets busy the arthritic hamster on the wheel powering this place decides he can’t be arsed, hops off the wheel and has a fag so we all get 502 errors. We’ll be ok unless he realises there’s a union for website powering rodents, joins up and votes for a strike due to his poor working conditions. If that happens we’re fucked.

(Can you tell I’m not a technical moderator...)

25 minutes ago, tapir said:

Is there anyway to make pictures appear bigger than a postage stamp in threads without having to click each one? Hoping there's an easy setting i've missed?

sadly when the forum software upgraded for some reason the new thumb nail size for existing Photos was set to 100x100 pixels wide and across

and it was never adjusted sadly 

I imagine there may be a way to redo the thumb nails to a larger size hopefully! but it will be on the admin side of things

cc the techy mods @Slartibartfast (and @Stanky ?)

if your talking about photos in a post of your own, then if you click on the photo then click on it again so it opens in a new tab if you then copy the URL and paste it back into the edit box then it will embed large :)