Autoshite technical help. Ask questions about how the site works here.

Pillock

Just now, Zelandeth said:

This also happens frequently when trying to embed links or tagging users.  As SiC says, it's just one of the "quirks" of the complete disaster that is the Invision text editor.

If you're on a mobile device, *sometimes* forcing the page to reflow by swapping from landscape to portrait (or vice-versa) and back will kick it into working again.  Not always though.

I've noticed the other quirks already.

I just totally avoid tagging people or using emojis on mobile.

Italics and bold used to be fine for me until today, though.

For some inexplicable reason, the forum software decided to revert to the old search server password. Despite that no one changing that setting. 

I've reverted it back to the correct new setting. Hopefully its set as I'm on the train and on mobile. Seems to have got rid of the errors for me though. 

Smells like a bug in the forum software. If it does it again, I'll have to file a bug report. 

I know it's definitely no one changing it as it won't let you save the settings if it can't connect to the search server! Bizarre. I can only think it caches the settings somewhere and it's reverted them.

A new feature? On threads you've started if you hold down on the thread title while in the thread, you can alter the title without actually editing the first post as before....this is cool for long running threads like my Mondeo one.