Autoshite technical help. Ask questions about how the site works here.

Pillock

On 15/01/2021 at 9:31 PM, GeorgeB said:

Thanks.

I've tried using the Contact Us link (https://autoshite.com/contact/) 

a few times (about forgotten emails and passwords etc.) a few times but never received a response.

Does anybody monitor the contact attempts?

Bit of a bump- had a slightly similar concern, no replies. 

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
On 19/02/2021 at 11:15, R1152 said:

As a new member, is there a guide to such things as user rankings and similarly, things like how long posts are pre-modded for (a very good idea IMO) and limits on things such as reactions to posts?

Yes. I am In the process of something along these lines. Hopefully by the end of the month. 

23 minutes ago, brownnova said:

Yes. I am In the process of something along these lines. Hopefully by the end of the month. 

aww your going to spoil the Mystery! LOL

when I first signed up, I thought the more unusual user ranks where assigned to users of note by the moderators having some fun :) (this thought was helped by the fact that when people did set custom user titles/ranks they kept the "Rank:" bit)

it was only after a little while did I figure out that after 500 posts you can/could set your own :) and It still took me some time to figure what was an actual Rank or what was a custom Rank/title set by the user LOL

(its why when I set mine, I kept the "Rank:" bit just to keep the Mystery alive LOL)

I have encounter quite a few forum text editor bugs

but this is a new one! 

seems harmless as when I posted the red text it thankfully was not red in the posted post (notice the blinking cursor itself was red as well never seen that before)

but still made me go WTF LOL, and figured id post it just incase it might give clues to the other bugs mentioned here etc @tobyd

(Chrome 88.0 on OS X 10.14.6) 

I'm getting frequent occurrences of the error in the attached screenshot. A quick google shows it to be related to the memory size limit on the server, with this as the suggested remedy:

Please find line "memory_limit =" in "php.ini" , then replace it with "memory_limit = 100M"

Can anyone take a look at this?

Ta

b286332853a600e9962e8f292ef92cfb.jpg

Forum page has got incredibly slow as of late. I can only access two threads before the site baulks and times out for roughly 10 minutes before going back to normal. Yesterday evening it was completely inaccessible. Is anyone else having this issue or is this my ISP doing silly buggers?

On 2/27/2021 at 4:04 PM, Fumbler said:

Forum page has got incredibly slow as of late. I can only access two threads before the site baulks and times out for roughly 10 minutes before going back to normal. Yesterday evening it was completely inaccessible. Is anyone else having this issue or is this my ISP doing silly buggers?

I am not having those issues. Maybe Interweb browser issue...... clear cache and cookies to see if that helps.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/6/2020 at 6:24 PM, tobyd said:

I think this might be a problem with Firefox. Works fine on Chrome on my phone (I use Firefox by default, v81.1.1) but images about 1.4M don't upload as you described. I plugged my phone into the debugger and there is nothing there, no errors, no network activity, zip. Very Odd. I increased the limit temporarily back to 2k and it was still a problem. Firefox have an open bug about this exhibiting the exact symptoms but it was back on v62 - someone commented they were still seeing this on a phpBB forum. I don't know if this is related to the updates in FF v81 - that was quite an overhaul - or whether it predates that. Will keep digging.

Can confirm this issue is still alive and well on the latest version firefox.  2mb image upload just hangs the uploader.  Will try chrome, but it seems odd that it's only and issue on mobile devices.

12 hours ago, Mr Livered said:

Sorry if this has already been asked, but how can I edit and/or delete my signature text please? I only see the signature when using an actual computer rather than my phone as I usually do, but I'm aware that it contains a list of cars that I no longer own...

Go to your account at top right.

From the drop-down click account settings (under SETTINGS)

image.png.8fde952d19d10af92508ba78e8e7500a.png

On the left you will see a list of items which can be edited. One of them is signature.

1600061827_Screenshot_2021-04-26Settings-Autoshite.png.c4731ec35ad6cf12ddfbb537cefc6bfa.png

• 3 weeks later...

Using Gmail to receive my daily digest. Had this occur several times in the past. I do not feel I have never received any digest beacuse of this warning.

I do not know why  Gmail has an issue with AS digests at times. I obviously click the "looks safe" button.

I am only adding it here in case there is a greater issue later.

2130316788_Screenshot_2021-05-22YourAutoshitedigest-Gmail.thumb.png.0090a82f5b340427932252e44a6eab0d.png

• 2 weeks later...

Since the last board update, the forum causes insane processor use, particularly with longer threads. 

1302085012_Screenshot2021-05-31at18_47_07.png.f8e821282fca9718649b3a7ea3462862.png

No other forum does this, even with 1000+ page threads. Means I can't view the forum on battery because it drains it so fast. Is there something I can turn off in the forum settings? 

Safari 13.1.3 on macOS 10.15.7

On 22/05/2021 at 18:25, Remspoor said:

Using Gmail to receive my daily digest. Had this occur several times in the past. I do not feel I have never received any digest beacuse of this warning.

I do not know why  Gmail has an issue with AS digests at times. I obviously click the "looks safe" button.

I am only adding it here in case there is a greater issue later.

Not sure about this one, we had some problems with outlook a while ago so only really looked into that. I'll take a look at what gmail doesn't like.

5 minutes ago, Conrad D. Conelrad said:

Since the last board update, the forum causes insane processor use, particularly with longer threads.

No other forum does this, even with 1000+ page threads. Means I can't view the forum on battery because it drains it so fast. Is there something I can turn off in the forum settings? 

Safari 13.1.3 on macOS 10.15.7

I'm fairly sure apple stuff uses the same gubbins underneath no matter which browser you use but....does it do the same on Chrome, Firefox, Safari?

On 31/05/2021 at 23:06, tobyd said:

I'm fairly sure apple stuff uses the same gubbins underneath no matter which browser you use but....does it do the same on Chrome, Firefox, Safari?

That’s only the case on iOS, on the Mac browsers still use their own underpinnings. I’ll try browsing the forum in Chrome or Firefox for a bit and report back. 

On 16/05/2021 at 22:24, loserone said:

Probably hopelessly the wrong thread.  Does anyone else have chrome on Android crash when trying to reply to a PM in portrait mode?

This still happens every time.