Autoshite technical help. Ask questions about how the site works here.

Pillock

14 minutes ago, Ghosty said:

I can one-up this, I have an Ethernet-friendly Windows 98 PC that I once managed to make a post on AS with, through Netscape Navigator iirc (it was the only functioning browser!). The post is in the grin thread I believe. I think there was a photo but it's long gone. I doubt it'll work on the updated site though.

See screen shot above of windows 98 in a VM, sadly it does not connect to the new site :) 

I do have a faint recelation of your post tho

(I have a few Windows 98 compatible PCs but none are under 98 atm, one of them is a fun Asrock motherboard that was sold until fairly recently (mid 2018 I got one of the last ones) which used a chipset from 2003 (intel 865G) but was compatible with pretty much all Generations of LGA775 CPUs, so you could run windows 98 on a 3.06Ghz 45Nm wolfdale Core 2 Duo with full chipset support, windows 98 runs like shit off a shovel when ya do that )

1754799379_ImagefromiOS(4).thumb.jpg.989ca7d3b7f2c988222f97a94df8c45b.jpg

but if I really wanted to i could break out the PowerBook 3400c running Mac OS 7.6 with netscape, not that it will connect! :mrgreen:

Have sent a couple of messages asking for help in getting in but haven’t heard back from anyone yet...

Cant request a new password as the account is linked to a defunct email address so wouldn’t be able to get in that way.  Please don’t tell me I will have to start all over again as I don’t think that after 11 years I could face going back to square one!

Parky

10 hours ago, MorrisItalSLX said:

I’m having troubles with Tapatalk, I can now view the main board there, but I cannot log in. I keep getting this error message:

30029F5C-65E9-46DA-A0DE-C6625DE69F42.jpeg.674312f8233e91593ca826678dc47812.jpeg

I then choose forgot password but get the same error message when I submit my request to change my password.

For me, I get to the following screen. When I press 'Autoshite' it loads the recognisable homepage but then dumps me back to the same screen. It's like it's automatically clicking 'back' on a browser window. I cannot get the homepage to remain on screen long enough to click anything.

Very frustrating, and I'm not sure if it's Tapatalk itself or a new forum setting or something.

Tapatalk Fail.png

1 hour ago, Tamworthbay said:

Sorry if I have missed this, but why are some pics only thumbnails but others full size?

The forum is indexing all the old pics. Admin suggest they will spring back to normal size in time.

Just wondering, on the old forum software if you clicked on this image.png.fc52cf2b0b6d949f4fdf84ee2719f4d8.png you could get statistics for the thread it was part of, like who posted the most in that thread etc, is there any chance of getting that feature back?

(PS the contrast between the read and unread stars is still shit LOL)

After a couple of tries and a password  reset I'm now logged back in. First off a nod to anyone who's taken time out of their busy lives to upgrade the board, I can see its clearly taken quite a bit of work to get to this point. Thanks for your efforts. I do apprecite what your doing, I understand we would not function without members taking time out if their lives to keep the show on the road.

There are a few things I'm having trouble with; I'm sorry if this sounds ungrateful but I'd sooner say it than sweep it under the rug:

• The Autoshite logo is RED? -   Surely this is a mistake and it should be [fresh] rust orange? As per all past incarnations?
  • The cars in front of the logo seem to be a bit cramped, They obscure the forum name a touch too much and its offeding my sense of design. - Can they be offset to the right as per autoshite version 2.0?  I love the Skizzer illustration, but find its current postioning in front of the forum name to be an issue,
  • The 'your motoring is our concern' banner no longer feels like a causal threat.
  • As others have mentioned the new forum font isnt that easy to read,
  • I'd prefer a stronger pallate of biege contrasts in the colour pallate as others have mentioned,
  • The Love heart is a bad  graphic for something one likes.

Hope no one takes offence, any critique is in attempt to make the board a better place

Cheers - CND JOE

You know that but where you’ve just picked up your roffle win Y reg vectra and you’re now hoofing down the M6 finding out which bits work and which bits are a bit duff (I mean I don’t, I’ve never won a roffle sadly). I think that’s where we are as a forum. We know the tracking’s out and the fag lighter doesn’t work. No new gripes are being presented, just the same few, so perhaps a little patience whilst a priority list is created and it’s popped up on axle stands for some minor tweaks. 

You’ll never please everyone with an update, (I for one like almost everything about it, it’s so so much easier to use than the old incarnation but I’m lucky I guess) But lets give our team of volunteers who don’t forget have families, real jobs and other commitments the time to tweak please rather than repeatedly bashing the font or the colour scheme etc etc. 

Grumble over. 

While I'm not the biggest fan of the colour or font, I've compensated by holding down CTRL and using the roller on the mouse to make everything larger and clearer. I use Firefox and this only affects Autoshite and I do not have to readjust it every time I navigate to a different site.

This has 'fixed' the issue as far as I'm concerned. The more I browse, the more I get used to it. 

The way image linking works now is particularly helpful - great work everyone involved. :-D

13 hours ago, Yoss said:

Woo Hoo!!! 

Screenshot_20190505_221336_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.12fb430d780d0f5d9df05390bdbc0f35.jpg

I won the day almost two years ago!  I found this accidentally by clicking on my avatar. Is this new or have I just never noticed it before? 

So what do I win? 

Edit: just noticed, 1500 posts too. Today is a good day. 

Is that on your mobile? Unable to get desktop on my mobile, so much less interactivity.

It was but I've just tried it on mobile mode and it still comes up albeit in a slightly different form. It even has country and town info that people have been saying has been lost, though you don't seem to be able to update it. Just click on your avatar. 

Look, here's yours, on mobile. 

Screenshot_20190506_125146_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.d8b9814d1c8e11f2e1be54bc199622c7.jpg

Congratulations, you won the day on April 22nd! That was only about two weeks ago. Well done. 

1 hour ago, rantingYoof said:

While I'm not the biggest fan of the colour or font, I've compensated by holding down CTRL and using the roller on the mouse to make everything larger and clearer. I use Firefox and this only affects Autoshite and I do not have to readjust it every time I navigate to a different site.

This has 'fixed' the issue as far as I'm concerned. The more I browse, the more I get used to it. 

The way image linking works now is particularly helpful - great work everyone involved. :-D

CTRL and + should do the same thing. - to zoom out again. 

3 hours ago, pompei said:

Just to clarify as I am a bit dense on these matters ... if I want to post pics I no longer need to have them in a hosting site like Pkotobucket?

even on the old forum software you did not have to use a hosting site 

but now uploading is much easier, on the desktop site at least all you have to do is just copy the photo and then paste it into the reply box, or drag and drop it over the reply box :)

I like the 'days won' feature and it amused me that I'd won 28 days. I iz the man, get in etc.

Then I looked at Junkman - 775 days won, lol.

(ebay tat thread is the way to win methinks)

I managed to find a few buttons to press. Like halfway down the M6 when you realise your roffle win Vectra has TrafficMaster and it scares the shit out of you with a recorded message.

• Mobile menu bar at the top now doesn't have invisible buttons :)
  • The reputation list on your profile is now readable
  • Location is now on your posts under your avatar (edit it as usual in your profile)
  • I found the switch to turn signatures on

1 hour ago, Pillock said:

I managed to find a few buttons to press. Like halfway down the M6 when you realise your roffle win Vectra has TrafficMaster and it scares the shit out of you with a recorded message.

• Mobile menu bar at the top now doesn't have invisible buttons :)
  • The reputation list on your profile is now readable
  • Location is now on your posts under your avatar (edit it as usual in your profile)
  • I found the switch to turn signatures on

Will notifications other than reactions and quotes go back to the little doorbell icon? Or is there a way I can get this to happen as opposed to e-mail notifications (I have managed to turn these off)