Autoshite technical help. Ask questions about how the site works here.

Pillock

2 minutes ago, loserone said:

How do you move uploaded content (videos and pictures) around within a post? Does it all just have to sit at the bottom?

Nope. When you upload an attachment there's a little plus sign on it. Position your text cursor in the post where you want it and click plus.

Cool.Ā  It didn't work for me, will try again.

Ā 

Edit: nope not working for me.Ā  If I select multiple pics and choose open nothing happens.

Ā 

Also when I create a post everytime I put a pic it, it scrolls to the top of the postScreenshot_20190503-084930.thumb.png.09fa881d7a55cb762eff312d06e5cae1.png

Ā 

So if I put a long post then add pictures everytime it is click add pic, shoots to the top, scroll down to where we were, add picture shoots to the top etc.

Ā 

The forum still seems quiet , some folk must be struggling to get in.Ā 

IĀ think the password issue and missing login button on mobileĀ must also be causing confusion .

the forum has just been through one trauma with lots of users leaving I wouldnā€™t like to see more getting fucked off as they canā€™t login .

Can a note be put in the public landing page saying login is hidden too right, a password reset maybe required to login?Ā 

52 minutes ago, beko1987 said:

Snaggle, on my phone (android) I can select multiple images and upload them all at once, which queues them up

Ā 

IMG_20190502_224410.thumb.jpg.ed92e89102da61893d671da984627bab.jpg

IMG_20190502_213051.thumb.jpg.595f693bd6063d7a3d9f96839508d693.jpg

IMG_20190502_212832.thumb.jpg.980675c119734acdce136d0977c81edb.jpg

IMG_20190502_213000.thumb.jpg.7a72fc0c95741430b7b62928991f9744.jpg

Ā 

Like that! (I was working last night)Ā 

Was that a new hard-drive you were fitting last night to the laptop seen in your first photo ? :)

We promote the continued use of our older cars and yet I am being jeered at for using an old computer.

Ā 

I know the day is close that I will have to update and I am dreading having to determine what I need to buy, changing all my software because everything I have is old version and learning the new stuff, I hate change.

Ā 

Any way I am back on the forum using firefox for Autoshite. Then had to do password reset but the link in my email took me to chrome that would not work. Mrs6C cut and pasted the url into fox and got me there, great except I then got 502 error!

I whole heartedly agree and empathise

My Old Dell works fine with XP and Firefox but ever resistant to change - I shunned chrome when it was pushed on us. Never used it and never needed it.

In short.,Ā  your 'classic' computer will probably be be fine if you get rid of the chrome and go back to the do-not-paint finish.Ā 

4 minutes ago, Six-cylinder said:

We promote the continued use of our older cars and yet I am being jeered at for using an old computer.

This irony wasn't lost on me either, but this really did need to happen.

The good news is you could get "back on air" for absolute buttons.Ā  But if you don't like change, then I'd recommend a big upgrade that should sort you out for a good many years.Ā 

3 minutes ago, BorniteIdentity said:

This irony wasn't lost on me either, but this really did need to happen.

The good news is you could get "back on air" for absolute buttons.Ā  But if you don't like change, then I'd recommend a big upgrade that should keep you thoroughly confused and incredibly frustrated for a good many years.Ā 

Ā 

Seriously though,Ā Ā 

Might I ask - will the presently thumbnail images of previous postsĀ  ..like those in TripleRich's truly excellent '1975Ā  Ford Granada Coupe'Ā  thread be restored to their former size and clarity ?Ā Ā  - Please !Ā  ...or are they lost forever.Ā  :-(

18 minutes ago, Six-cylinder said:

Yes.Ā  In the same way I would jeer if you were using asbestos to build yourself a new shed next to a school.Ā  Do what you like in your own home, but don't connect it to the internet please.

5 minutes ago, Bfg said:

Seriously though,Ā Ā 

Might I ask - will the presently thumbnail images of previous postsĀ  ..like those in TripleRich's truly excellent '1975Ā  Ford Granada Coupe'Ā  thread be restored to their former size and clarity ?Ā Ā  - Please !Ā  ...or are they lost forever.Ā  :(

Pillock said that they will be the forum is just going through processing everything.

1 hour ago, loserone said:

Yes.Ā  In the same way I would jeer if you were using asbestos to build yourself a new shed next to a school.Ā  Do what you like in your own home, but don't connect it to the internet please.

My go to car at the moment is a 1997 Citroen XM and other road users including new cars seem to be able to interact with that just fine.

1 hour ago, Bfg said:

Was that a new hard-drive you were fitting last night to the laptop seen in your first photo ? :)

No, they all have ssd's in already! I had the X60t (small one) out to check AS on windows 7, and charged the battery and run some updates. The R500 is my daily, that's the big one behind it!Ā 

1 hour ago, Six-cylinder said:

Ā 

I know the day is close that I will have to update and I am dreading having to determine what I need to buy, changing all my software because everything I have is old version and learning the new stuff, I hate change.

Ā 

Any way I am back on the forum using firefox for Autoshite. Then had to do password reset but the link in my email took me to chrome that would not work. Mrs6C cut and pasted the url into fox and got me there, great except I then got 502 error!

I have a plan already in action, we just need to arrange for a computer to come from Durham to me without a massive detour for the owner. I'll then build it up, repaste the cpu and generally make it last 10 years. I'll then fettle the crap out of Windows 10,I might even look for theme packs and make it look like XP...Ā 

Ā 

Yes it's a pain but sadly, your going to run into this more and more in the near future. I could build Mrs 6c's T21 up with XP so you still have it!Ā 

Ā 

Imagine you lived In London with one of your cars. Eventually it's going to be easier to get a Hyundai Ioniq for the daily driving about, saving the proper cars for trips out and special occasions as it costs you Ā£whatever in charges a day just to drive up the road!Ā 

1 hour ago, Six-cylinder said:

IĀ hate change

IMG_20190503_111037.thumb.jpg.92b0defc7e9fb94dcd6ee6de7b6caaef.jpg

Familiar enough?Ā 

Ā 

Applications might need some thought... We could build a virtual Windows XP machine too don't forget so you can still use anything that only works on XP... As you see above I use a Linux Mint VM for my job (let's me go out over WiFi avoiding the office proxy) so you have the best of both worlds!Ā 

31 minutes ago, Mrs6C said:

^^^ If you have W2000 spare to put on my T21 instead of XP that would be fabulous! :-)

Yes I do! Fully updated up until 2011 as well. A nice copy of office 2000 too... And kernel ex which allows more modern programs to run but it's a pain in the arse and the programs that it runs are still 7 years outdated now, it's an old project!Ā 

I shall gather all the t21 drivers up, find a good ide hdd and bring it with me whenever the new desktop comes and have a day out!Ā 

3 hours ago, cort16 said:

The forum still seems quiet , some folk must be struggling to get in.Ā 

IĀ think the password issue and missing login button on mobileĀ must also be causing confusion .

the forum has just been through one trauma with lots of users leaving I wouldnā€™t like to see more getting fucked off as they canā€™t login .

Can a note be put in the public landing page saying login is hidden too right, a password reset maybe required to login?Ā 

Ā 

Ā Perhaps they are just still gazing about in wonderment. ?

2 hours ago, Six-cylinder said:

My go to car at the moment is a 1997 Citroen XM and other road users includingļ»æ new cars seem to be able to interact with that just fine.

Presumably you'd notice if your XM started taking diversions through pedestrianised areas at speed, or carrying drugs or weapons, and reconsider whether you wanted to keep using it, though.

Windows XP has five years worth of unpatched vulnerabilities.Ā  Doesn't matter what "security software" you install - which is probably also now unsupported, like Firefox on XP is - chances are if you connect it to the internet, you're one of the people hosting dDoS attacks, and being used as a pivot for anonymity when undertaking nefarious activity.Ā  Sorry!