Autoshite technical help. Ask questions about how the site works here.

Pillock

2 minutes ago, loserone said:

If anyone is still browsing the internet with windows XP, they should probably be considering investing in a skip for their computer..

I have a decent win 10 desktop here, for postage..

Easy, easy!

But that may not be a bad shout, I could plug it in for him and everything (and tweak it so it doesnt nag you for stuff every 10 minutes which makes windows 10 very useable indeed!)

Any gateway / cloudflare errors are likely down to the fact the forum has been indexing things in the background, working it's little socks off. Might have taken a second to respond and Cloudflare thought it was down.

That will naturally stop once everything is rebuilt

42 minutes ago, Mrs6C said:

Six-cylinder would like to be able to update his Motoring Notes but the shiny new AS site won't let his Windows XP machine talk to it... :-(

It could be the other way round, of course...

Any ideas? He uses Chrome as a browser...

i think he needs to upgrade his machine from 6 valves to 8 ???

As a newbie, I was just finding my way round when you went through THE CHANGE! First, thanks to those who carried out the work behind the scenes, as well as those who did the visual aspect. Am involved on another (much quieter) forum so have a tiny clue of the time and effort involved. It's easy to criticize change but sometimes it really does work out for the best, though it may take time getting used to.

It's really slick now - you get told in real time that someone's answered the topic you're replying to rather then be scolded when you hit submit.! ☺️

Um... where's the 'preview reply' button?

Bug report: Editing the first post in a 'project' topic is a bit of a faff - when you edit the title to reflect the change you wish to report on (eg on my Rover museum topic), it tries to add a second 'project' tag and tells you that you have more than one tag and won't save the change. Remove one 'project' tag, save it - same again. Only way round it is to remove the tag completely, save the title change, then go back in and re-add the 'project' tag. Faff. Cache related mayhaps ?

BTW - loving the new look - will take a bit of getting used to of course, but change is welcome. Well done everyone involved

39 minutes ago, loserone said:

If anyone is still browsing the internet with windows XP, they should probably be considering investing in a skip for their computer..

I have a decent win 10 desktop here, for postage..

Windows XP is the Autoshite of computing! Windows 2000 and 3.x are the classics... :-)

I have a venerable T21 that worked like a charm on Win2000 and then lost its hard drive... now has a new hard drive and WinXP and runs very slowly! Needs Beko's attention too, I think! :-)

By the way. liking the new Forum look, though I'm not finding the 'Autoshite' theme colour, font and line spacing easy to adopt. I did find the 'default theme' option though which is easier on the eyes.

Not sure why some posted photos are coming out small and some large in a thread?

58 minutes ago, Mrs6C said:

Windows XP is the Autoshite of computing! Windows 2000 and 3.x are the classics... :-)

I've sent Beko a friend request and a few messages on Facebook.  Will try to sort something out.

Has it been mentioned already that the mobile version isn't that good? The previous mobile version was utterly stripped-out, but this one tries too hard to be the desktop version - if I need to use the desktop version - usually for uploading images etc. - I'll get my 'phone browser to request the desktop version!

F*ck me, figuratively speaking, I can't keep up with the threads. 

Read the latest on one and then go to the main board and there's

loads of new posts and everything's moved uphill and suddenly 

I don't know who I am or where I live.

Hopefully I'll get used to it. 

Apart from that thankyou to those who have done the work

to keep the pale pink beige up to date.

First things first, thanks for the work put in to update the site *Doff's hat*

I'm actually familiar with this model as over at ClubLupo they've been using this platform for many years.

One niggle I'm having (And always had there too) is that when using Flickr to host/embed large clear pics, literally all text posted after the first pic is underlined for some reason!? If anyone could point me in the right direction to get round or avoid this I'd be forever grateful as, frankly it looks pretty terrible and I'm finding the frustration very frustrating.

See my last post here for an example...