Autoshite technical help. Ask questions about how the site works here.

Pillock

Would it be possible to provide a PO box address, then we can all nip out to the nearest supermarket and get our spots/ads/whatever printed out to post off, and they could be mounted into the website with double sided tape? At least that way, when the pics disappear in future it won't be Photofuckit's fault. Again. We'll just need some more tape.

4 minutes ago, CreepingJesus said:

Would it be possible to provide a PO box address, then we can all nip out to the nearest supermarket and get our spots/ads/whatever printed out to post off, and they could be mounted into the website with double sided tape? At least that way, when the pics disappear in future it won't be Photofuckit's fault. Again. We'll just need some more tape.

“FSH, PAS, RCL, RAD/CASS, MOON ROOF, REAR HEAD RESTS, VGC THROUGHOUT, £1275 OVNO”

41 minutes ago, CreepingJesus said:

No, because the bloody postmen are on strike again! That's me, by the way. I can slag me off, you lot can't. 

I thought it was me as we have been without internet to the house for a week until this afternoon.

In the village that our internet comes from a car crashed into the BT cabinet and bent it over. It was bagged and taped for a year and finally they have replaced it. Trouble was they disconnected the power a week early and it is said needed battery to keep it running, trouble was they only lasted 3/4 hour, but were changed daily. 

Just massively frustrating that you can't just embed from an external source using normal BBCode IMG tags...

That's not your fault though, it's down to the forum software trying to be too bloody clever.  

I use ImgBB everywhere other than here, just use the native uploader here because inserting from an external source is so fiddly.  

As for the fault, I'm absolutely no expert in things like this, but storage quotas, disc space and possible write permission issues would be my first ports of call.  It *seems* that the file does successfully upload, it just borks when it tries to actually write the file to wherever it's stored.

I'm assuming that we're hosted out of a data centre somewhere rather than this being on a machine someone has ready direct access to, so diagnosis and resolution might be a bit more long winded.

22 minutes ago, JJ0063 said:

I always use ImgBB too but when I tried to use that as my example, it wasn’t working either 😂 just kept saying failed.

That would explain why I've just spent the last ten minutes swearing at my laptop as about half my images/albums are just flat out refusing to load, just showing up as broken.

Guess I'll just give up on writing the update for my blog just now then, the planets have obviously just aligned to prevent it from happening!

6 minutes ago, UltraWomble said:

Hi

Anyone else having problems uploading photos to the site from their phone?

4 minutes ago, GingerNuttz said:

I can't upload from phone or pc.

See the above recent posts - there's a problem with the image uploader at the moment which is being investigated.  External hosting is still available, even if ImgBB seem to be having issues of their own at the moment so you might need to use a different provider.

Is there a way we could look into moving storage into a more cost effective solution than what I assume are still virtual discs attached to a VM? (I.e. about the most expensive way of doing it).  Obviously it's what we've had for a while but if the costs are spiralling then perhaps it needs to be revisited - the outcome might well be "leave it as it is, the costs are more but it's lots less effort".