Autoshite technical help. Ask questions about how the site works here.

Pillock

On 25/03/2022 at 18:13, MR SCRUFF said:

Hi gang. Is there any way of getting access to my old account @scruff ? 

I haven't got access to the email address I used to sign up all those years ago.

Yes! We can change the old email address for your previous account scruff to your preferred email, if you would prefer to re-use that one instead of MR SCRUFF. You'll not be able to keep multiple accounts open though, so will need to choose which one you want to use and which to retire. Just let one of the Mods know what you want to do here (by PM is ideal)and we'll make the necessary changes for you.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm struggling to respond to topics via my phone.

Using Android 11 and Chrome.

When I type in the reply box, one of two things happens:

1. The editor freezes - can't scroll up or down.

If I press space, it flicks down to the correct spot, and will allow me to type before hanging again

2. I start to type. And the page displays another tab I have open ( demonstrated in the screenshot below)

When this happens I can't see the reply box at all.

Screenshot_20220418-004110.thumb.png.e90130d7ddc3aef02d691e81a1c0cc2e.png

I have cleared cookies and it stops doing it for about 3/4 replies then starts again.

It's a right pain

any ideas?

Thanks

Using Chrome on Linux. Sometimes it "double posts", that is when I check after submitting a reply, there are 2 answers there, so I delete one of them. Cannot submit pictures at all. If I try Firefox, it does not usually accept it.  Firefox regularly crashes.   For pictures and other uploads, I go to the old Windows 7 desktop, and use Firefox, Edge, or Chrome. They all work there. Is it that the AS site does not like Linux Ubuntu ? 

• 3 weeks later...

Been having a bit of trouble with notifications recently, not sure if anyone knows what's going on. For some reason when I receive a PM I don't get a notification or email about it, but sometimes I do. If I click into the inbox when this happens, it doesn't show an unread message, I have to go into the conversation to find there is a message I haven't seen yet. 

Any ideas from anyone if it's a setting I've got wrong or something?

Anyone else been getting connection errors lately? Last couple of days, every 2nd or 3rd time I navigate here, I get 'Error code: SSL_ERROR_BAD_MAC_ALERT'. Only happens on this site. (Firefox if that makes any difference)

Firefox keeps crashing for no apparent reason, on any site, including AS, microsoft outlook to name but 2.  Most of the crashers sites seem to have a fair few pictures.  Running Linux if that is significant.

For some reason I always had issues with FF on Linux, even if it didn't crash it was always slow and clunky, and I ended up using either Opera or one of the Chromium derivatives instead. Seems to work fine with Win10 though.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if there is a technical problem thread, but I’ve noticed that since the last update yesterday that posting comments to threads seems to take a long time? Regardless of if it’s just text or a mixture of things, I press the button and it stays on Saving for a while.

Not been on my laptop to check, but I’ve noticed it a lot on my iPhone.

32 minutes ago, St.Jude said:

Not sure if there is a technical problem thread, but I’ve noticed that since the last update yesterday that posting comments to threads seems to take a long time? Regardless of if it’s just text or a mixture of things, I press the button and it stays on Saving for a while.

Not been on my laptop to check, but I’ve noticed it a lot on my iPhone.

Aye same here. Both on mobile and craptop/desktop shite.

On 4/18/2022 at 12:47 AM, 320touring said:

I'm struggling to respond to topics via my phone.

Using Android 11 and Chrome.

When I type in the reply box, one of two things happens:

1. The editor freezes - can't scroll up or down.

If I press space, it flicks down to the correct spot, and will allow me to type before hanging again

2. I start to type. And the page displays another tab I have open ( demonstrated in the screenshot below)

When this happens I can't see the reply box at all.

Screenshot_20220418-004110.thumb.png.e90130d7ddc3aef02d691e81a1c0cc2e.png

I have cleared cookies and it stops doing it for about 3/4 replies then starts again.

It's a right pain

any ideas?

Thanks

This has just started happening to me. Did you get to the bottom of it?

Using Google Chrome as well

• 3 weeks later...
On 25/05/2022 at 17:43, MrDuke said:

Anyone else been getting connection errors lately? Last couple of days, every 2nd or 3rd time I navigate here, I get 'Error code: SSL_ERROR_BAD_MAC_ALERT'. Only happens on this site. (Firefox if that makes any difference)

This happens every single time I come here now. Usually if I spam 'Retry' about 10-12 times it eventually connects, but sometimes it just flat out refuses. It could be an issue at my end, but I've no idea what.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have problems with that when I have logged in, I have to close the browser (Chrome) and bring it up again and so go to this page again to be able to write/post something. This is on a computer, on the phone and on a tablet I am logged out when I do the same as on a computer, so I can't post anything from these.

Has anyone experienced anything similar?

• 2 weeks later...

Dunno if this has been asked, but... Sometimes if I click into a thread for 'first unread post', it takes me way back past that point, sometimes even back to the top of page one. Deeply irritating on some long threads, as I sail past the likes I gave years ago! Any ideas? (Kindle/Silk browser btw)