Autoshite technical help. Ask questions about how the site works here.

Pillock

23 hours ago, 808 Estate said:

Anyone had issues with clicking on next page (of a thread) and the new page opening near the bottom, rather than the top?

I had that earlier today, but now seems to be ok.

In case the tech bods want to know I am using Firefox.

26 minutes ago, Remspoor said:

I had that earlier today, but now seems to be ok.

In case the tech bods want to know I am using Firefox.

It is happening again.  Last time I was on my PC and this time I am on my laptop. Still using the same version of FF with both machines.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Dave_Q said:

I've given up on Tapatalk and use the mobile site instead.

I also have the PM issue but also other stuff like their image uploads not working, and being limited quality, and the editor sometimes messing up quoting and tagging etc.

Mobile web site is far superior than yet another app. Gave up using Tapatalk about 18 months ago here. 

The only gripe I've got is the lack of advanced text formatting options on the mobile. I miss bullet points but it's not difficult to use the main web page on Android so it's not too bad. 

• 2 weeks later...

What's the advantage(s) of using Crapatalk , I have found it to be crap on various Androids over the years . More recently occasionally when opening a link to Autoshite from an email it would open on Tapatalk and nothing seemed to work . Yet on another email link it would open on the browser ....

I don't understand techy computer talk so make any reply simples please 😵

In my opinion, before the last major forum software update Tapatalk was the best way to view the forum on a phone/tablet as the browser version was hopeless on anything other than a PC. With the current forum software the mobile version is leaps and bounds ahead of the previous version and is as good, if not better, than Tapatalk.

The only benefits I can see with tapatalk is the ability to have multiple forums in one place and mobile notifications, but if these are not things you require I’d stick with the mobile browser.

Anyone else having problems posting on this forum? It used to work fine for me, but now I can sign in ok and write a reply in the box at the bottom of a thread, but when I press the "submit reply" button, the button just greys out to "posting" and nothing happens. I have to be very persistent and try numerous times before it goes (which is how I posted this).

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, AnnoyingPentium said:

Either edit the first post on the thread, or click and hold as illustrated below, hopefully.

image.thumb.png.e5e2018a5cdb4aa416457645e20941c2.png

Ahhh right, thank you. I thought highlighting it might have something to do with it but I  couldn't figure it out. I was trying on mobile though. 

I'll try on the 'puter later and post back

10 minutes ago, RoverFolkUs said:

Ahhh right, thank you. I thought highlighting it might have something to do with it but I  couldn't figure it out. I was trying on mobile though. 

I'll try on the 'puter later and post back

I think you can change it on mobile if you were to edit the post. Like this, but on a mobile.

image.thumb.png.53cea9b0c28eb83a937393342233c53e.png

1 minute ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

I think you can change it on mobile if you were to edit the post. Like this, but on a mobile.

image.thumb.png.53cea9b0c28eb83a937393342233c53e.png

Thanks, just done it on desktop. 

For some reason it wont let me edit the main post either on mobile, only "delete". Even when I enable desktop site. Odd :) 

But its sorted now, thank you!

On 2/25/2022 at 9:12 AM, skoda_fan said:

Anyone else having problems posting on this forum? It used to work fine for me, but now I can sign in ok and write a reply in the box at the bottom of a thread, but when I press the "submit reply" button, the button just greys out to "posting" and nothing happens. I have to be very persistent and try numerous times before it goes (which is how I posted this).

Think I've just answered my own question. Seems Autoshite is incompatible with Google Chrome?

I'm on Chrome, on an Android phone ,it sometimes works ok ,sometimes just hangs and won't post .... I know nothing of computers or phones but have been told to clear cache and something else ....but I don't know how to do it ,also how to bulk delete cookies & history , Google Chrome etc ...also how do you do a rolling screenshot on a moto6 ???