Autoshite technical help. Ask questions about how the site works here.

Pillock

1 hour ago, Split_Pin said:

The pages seem to show the most 'recent browser' at the top of the page.

This isn't something I'm interested in, how can I hide it?

I was about to ask the same thing.

Where did this recent browser bollocks come from and why is it so crap?

Oooh! I like that the who's online thingy is finally back :) 

image.thumb.png.887f85566e99ffd95cf9f64053c3b964.png

it went missing with the first of the fourm software updates so, thank you to whichever mod/admin managed to get that working again!

however may I recommend it be put at the bottom of the page as it was back in the old days? :) (back in the old days it lived right across the width of the screen at the bottom of whatever page you where on) 

as currently having it up top on the right side means it moves everything on the page to the left which really bugs my "OCD" LOL :) 

also if I am allowed to make requests! Im just wondering how is server space doing? because I still find the fact that photos are shrunk to 1280 pixels really limiting for me

I was wonder if we could afford to increase that some more to say 2000 pixels, I understand that server space is an issue, but perhaps it might be worth limiting how many megabytes a photo can be, rather then how many pixels a photo is

because I can easily compress a large photo down to a few hundred KB while still keeping it nice and zoom-inable if that makes sense, something I cant currently do as all photos get shrunk to 1280 pixels

Not sure if anything has changed recently, but three times in the last 24 hours I've had the editor glitch out on me requiring me to completely delete and retype a post. 

Immediately after insertion of something it handles in it's fancy pants what WYSIWYG manner, the cursor will jump to and "stick" at a seemingly random location.  Any attempt to continue typing just results in it overtyping the same letter over and over again.  The only way to resolve the situation I've found is a "select all, delete." Copying and pasting everything back pastes it back - unfortunately, complete with the glitch!

I thought this was purely an issue with my phone where I've seen it happen a few times (almost invariably after attempting to tag users - to the extent I stopped trying), but it happened on the tablet (Samsung Galaxy Tab S3...I think) yesterday, so apparently not.

Can someone help me out?

i can access the site fine on my iPad as I have all the passwords and stuff automatically saved, but I can’t use other devices as I have lost my password.  I can reset, but the email address I have I very old and now inaccessible.

So can I change my email address without a password or could a mod do that for me?  If this iPad craps out I will lose all access!

• 3 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, dozeydustman said:

Not sure if @Slartibartfast is online today; since around mid-day this site has stopped loading properly on my iPhone irrespective of browser. MacBook unaffected.

No icons and typeface has changed to what looks like Arial.

5390B507-7B9D-40BE-B43F-EB9284B2AB93.png

one thing worth checking is making sure your iPhone OS is fully up to date, the modern forum software the forum is forced to run on for security reasons, is quite sensitive to old browsers and often breaks in interesting ways on said older browser

and on iOS all browsers all use the same apple supplied webkit rendering engine (where as on the desktop a browser is able to use its own rendering engine) hence why if something is broken in safari on an iOS device using another browser wont fix it

(although given it was working till mid day and the forum did not go down for any software updates it is a bit odd how it broken all of a sudden!)

15 minutes ago, LightBulbFun said:

one thing worth checking is making sure your iPhone OS is fully up to date, the modern forum software the forum is forced to run on for security reasons, is quite sensitive to old browsers and often breaks in interesting ways on said older browser

and on iOS all browsers all use the same apple supplied webkit rendering engine (where as on the desktop a browser is able to use its own rendering engine) hence why if something is broken in safari on an iOS device using another browser wont fix it

(although given it was working till mid day and the forum did not go down for any software updates it is a bit odd how it broken all of a sudden!)

Updated yesterday. 2 month old iPhone 13 and I’ve updated things more times than i’ve changed my pants!

then again at lunchtime I updated my watch and it’s been since then. Wondering if that has something to do with it

• 2 weeks later...

Using tapatalk hasn’t worked for me properly for months. I can post, edit posts but not titles. I can send pm but not receive.

Works fine on other forums such as TDW etc after the mods updated the plugins. Can someone please have a look at what version is in use here.

Interesting one...

Have just moved to Kiwi Browser (Chrome based), forcing myself to move away from the year and a half out of date version of Firefox - the current version of which is completely unusable to me.

The page number bars above/below the body of the forum don't show up for some reason...

Screenshot_20220102_163153_com.kiwibrowser.browser.thumb.jpg.480f1ff081f9ce146b8344e0f9c54095.jpg

It should be like this...

Screenshot_20220102_163550_org.mozilla.firefox.thumb.jpg.ff44e3e1358a79adf5f3732783a96e0e.jpg

Thoughts please?

Also, why do all current mobile browsers suck?

• 2 weeks later...