Autoshite technical help. Ask questions about how the site works here.

Pillock

On 06/10/2020 at 19:32, dozeydustman said:

One thing I have noticed recently is when I receive a notification about a post I have made (quote, reaction etc), when clicking I more than likely end up being sent to another member's post in that thread.

Same when I click the star/circle so I can continue reading where I left off, just end up elsewhere in the thread, either before or after the last one I read.

Any ideas @tobyd?

I’m still having this issue. I’ve cleared caches/cookies, signed out and back in, changed browsers and my notifications still take me to the wrong post(s) irrespective of thread merge or not.

I get the same if I click on my post history and want to view a post I made in the past.

@dozeydustman could you try...

image.png

click here.

image.png

follow the three step program (which you might have already done) and see if that works. I *think* sometimes there is a none-of-the-above setting which just lamps you to the top of the thread?

If you click on the page number it'll always take you to the top of that page and i don't think decides to take you to the most recent comment (you've not seen) on that page in a slightly unintuitive system.

• 2 weeks later...

@tobyd I have a bit of an odd problem/request if you dont mind!

my PM inbox is almost full, (198 out of 200) but the problem is a good majority of my PM's I wish not to have to delete for one reason or another

now while I would very much like a larger inbox limit then 200 Threads, I can understand that you probably dont want to raise the limit for Server space reasons

(although if you could that would be very much appreciated!)

so I was wondering if it would be possible to have a "download PM's" button so I could just archive my entire PM/Inbox onto my local machine 

and then that way I can nuke a few PM's safe in the knowledge that they are saved on my computer should I need to look back at a past PM for one reason or another

(sadly the email notifications I get when I get a PM dont contain the full response)

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/04/2021 at 07:46, Talbot said:

Can confirm this issue is still alive and well on the latest version firefox.  2mb image upload just hangs the uploader.  Will try chrome, but it seems odd that it's only and issue on mobile devices.

I think this is now fixed. Seems to work on my phone android/firefox now.

On 16/05/2021 at 22:24, loserone said:

Probably hopelessly the wrong thread.  Does anyone else have chrome on Android crash when trying to reply to a PM in portrait mode?

Still happens.  If I force to landscape orientation it works OK

I mean I know it's shallow and vain, but I like watching my number going up. I see that little rocket that we have all gained takes you a sort of rank progress chart but no mention of how many you need to achieve each rank. And I think theres about 5000 between some ranks so it's a bit vague. And you have to click on the rocket, the previous numbers were just there to see without having to do anything. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • brownnova changed the title to Autoshite technical help. Ask questions about how the site works here.
1 hour ago, anonymous user said:

Don't you just go back to your first post where you started the thread and go into the edit post?

Yes, that's the solution. 

On windows you can click and hold the title with your mouse cursor and it'll let you change it without having to edit the original post. 

@LightBulbFunwhy not just Ctrl-S a few message thread pages, you should end up having all the content saved in the html document if you just save the whole webpage. Whack them in a folder and you can treat it as a DM archive. 

I've just tried this on android and it works perfectly to save all the text, but some photos don't carry across. Nothing to stop you saving any important photos individually though. 

2 minutes ago, Crackers said:

@LightBulbFunwhy not just Ctrl-S a few message thread pages, you should end up having all the content saved in the html document if you just save the whole webpage. Whack them in a folder and you can treat it as a DM archive. 

huh thats not a bad idea for the smaller PM threads

might have to play with that at some point soon :) 

On 27/06/2021 at 15:24, LightBulbFun said:

@tobyd I noticed that the little sound that plays when you get a notification (ie when someone likes your post, quotes or tags you) is not working or turned off?

is there a toggle somewhere for me to turn it back on? I looked in notification preferences and could not find anything but perhaps im missing something

(man all I do when a forum software update happens is complain about things that have changed or gotten broken, I do feel bad! cuz I really do appreciate the effort that goes into keeping the forum going!)

On 11/07/2021 at 10:07, bobdisk said:

@Mrs6C ,  @LightBulbFun  mentioned yesterday that the Audio "boop" when the a notification comes has stopped.  I thought mine was still there but it is not. Can this be reinstated ?  We, and others I would think,  find it useful.

glad to hear its not just me then! LOL

just for the future @bobdisk,

@tobyd is who is keeps the forum software itself ticking over 

so any forum software issues are best posted about in this thread with him tagged in the post :)

On 16/06/2021 at 17:53, LightBulbFun said:

@tobyd I have a bit of an odd problem/request if you dont mind!

my PM inbox is almost full, (198 out of 200) but the problem is a good majority of my PM's I wish not to have to delete for one reason or another

now while I would very much like a larger inbox limit then 200 Threads, I can understand that you probably dont want to raise the limit for Server space reasons

(although if you could that would be very much appreciated!)

so I was wondering if it would be possible to have a "download PM's" button so I could just archive my entire PM/Inbox onto my local machine 

and then that way I can nuke a few PM's safe in the knowledge that they are saved on my computer should I need to look back at a past PM for one reason or another

(sadly the email notifications I get when I get a PM dont contain the full response)

Could you create a 2nd user account (I don't think anyone would mind in the circs) called Lightbulb2 or something?  Then invite Lightbulb2 into the conversations you want to keep.  Then Lightbulbfun exits those conversations, clearing up the Lightbulbfun inbox but leaving the archive in Lightbulb2?  I think you can see the pre-existing stream of messages when you are invited into a conversation at a later stage.  I'll invite you in to one of mine now and we'll see what happens.

13 minutes ago, Alan_Green said:

Could you create a 2nd user account (I don't think anyone would mind in the circs) called Lightbulb2 or something?  Then invite Lightbulb2 into the conversations you want to keep.  Then Lightbulbfun exits those conversations, clearing up the Lightbulbfun inbox but leaving the archive in Lightbulb2?  I think you can see the pre-existing stream of messages when you are invited into a conversation at a later stage.  I'll invite you in to one of mine now and we'll see what happens.

that works in theory (and the invite you did work)

but it would be quite a bit of a faff to manage given how I do things from my end and I rather not make multiple accounts 

But I very much appreciate the idea and the test you did :) (although ill probably leave it now to free up space, trying to string things along for along as I can then ill probably do what @Crackers suggested on the smaller PM's etc)

On 7/11/2021 at 10:07 AM, bobdisk said:

@Mrs6C ,  @LightBulbFun  mentioned yesterday that the Audio "boop" when the a notification comes has stopped.  I thought mine was still there but it is not. Can this be reinstated ?  We, and others I would think,  find it useful.

6 hours ago, LightBulbFun said:

glad to hear its not just me then! LOL

just for the future @bobdisk,

@tobyd is who is keeps the forum software itself ticking over 

so any forum software issues are best posted about in this thread with him tagged in the post :)

@tobyd, What do you think about re-instating the Audio "boop" when a notification comes along ? 

17 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

@LightBulbFun I have raised the private message limit to 500 for all users. If we run into technical issues with this I might need to roll it back, I'll let you know if that turns out to be the case.

ah thank you very much! I do understand storage does cost moneys

so I very much appreciate you doing so :) 

image.png.57b9fb79120bfcb662c9f90d25b9264f.png

ill see you in 305 messages time! :mrgreen:

I wonder if anyone can help me on this - not a big issue, but a tad puzzling... I follow (too) many threads, and when clicking on them in my list of Notifications, it usually takes me direct to the first unread post, which is tremendous and sadly missing from other forums (fora?). Sometimes, though, it takes me to one I've previously read, often several posts up. It happens mostly on my PC (Win10, Firefox) but also occasionally on my android phone.