53 plate Smart city coupe (fortwo) passion £300

montytom

I've just purchased the astra from HMC on here so thought it best to put my smart fortwo on here.

Its red in colour(comes up as silver due to colour of tridion shell)

I'd say condition is ok but other people would say it's good.

It's quite a high specced little car with heated seats and aircon(its warm.)

It has a panoramic roof.

It has 2 sets of spare alloys which will come with the car.

It has a split in the rear plastic about 4 inches along.

It uses approximately 1 litre of oil per 400 miles.

It does smell when accelerating aswell but dont know what the smell is.

Its MOTd till October and has 1 key fob.

Its £30 tax and it's the 700cc engine.

It always starts and does he speed limit.

Being a smart the gearbox needs time to decide when it should change gear.(they all do this)

It has electric windows and also leather steering wheel(rare as has 3 spokes and paddles-same as the brabus)

All warning lights go on the go off as they should.

I'm wanting £300 for the car. I'm in Plymouth thanks Thomas.post-18243-0-75949300-1556462867_thumb.jpgpost-18243-0-50348700-1556462773_thumb.jpgpost-18243-0-92926600-1556462686_thumb.jpgpost-18243-0-05052000-1556462623_thumb.jpgpost-18243-0-00098700-1556462525_thumb.jpgpost-18243-0-45932000-1556462451_thumb.jpgpost-18243-0-41240800-1556462334_thumb.jpg

I'm actually tempted by this despite the distance.  I know from experience that Tavistock to here is doable in one hit, and although Plymouth is further away as the crow flies, it's exactly the same distance by road because Dartmoor.

Probably a good thing it's (presumably) already spoken for, or I'd be packing 15 used £20 notes and 875ml of oil into a bag and looking at train times.

whats the story with the gearbox on these as see loads pf Spares or repair on the Bay of E

They're an automated manual, the clutch is controlled by electronickery. Widely slated, but actually not bad to drive once you get the hang of it and know how the 'box is likely to behave in various situations.

Worst case scenario, the paddle shift wheel will see the money back almost in one hit.

The car is back up for sale due to me finding a fault. I have told the person who paid the deposit and have paid it back straight away.

The fault is that it sound like a joint is knocking( only did it 4 times on the way to work) wiggles the wheels and I cannot feel movement. As above back up for sale.

Thanks and apologies Thomas

They're an automated manual, the clutch is controlled by electronickery. Widely slated, but actually not bad to drive once you get the hang of it and know how the 'box is likely to behave in various situations.

Worst case scenario, the paddle shift wheel will see the money back almost in one hit.

surprised you aint bought this one yet  :mrgreen:

trailer it behind your first one to the next microcar gathering and sit back with some pop corn :)

surprised you aint bought this one yet  :mrgreen:

trailer it behind your first one to the next microcar gathering and sit back with some pop corn :)

Hadn't seen it was back up for sale :shock:

If I literally had any spare money at the moment this would be a no brainer. At £300 even if it absolutely flunked the MOT I'd say you'd easily double your money in bits.

If anyone is having trouble with insurance then have a chat with MSM - http://www.msminsurance.co.uk/

ETA joints that could be knocking on these (and many other cars, I guess...) include TRE's and lower ball joints at the front. Have a look here for further info:

https://www.evilution.co.uk/index.php