What is the best car you have ever been lent?

Six-cylinder

When I was 18, my girlfriend (now wife) went to visit some relatives in the Pyrenees. As poor students it was a cheap 2 week holiday. I provided labour for their renovations and they put us up for free, including the use of their 1988 325i BMW convertible. Black with red leather, lovely! We drove it everywhere , including a trip over the pyrenees and into Spain.

The only other time was last week. I had been sorting out the roof on the Saab vert and ordered some new parts. My brother was going on holiday for 2 weeks lent me his car so I didn't have to put mine back together. A Citroen C4 2.0HDi exclusive. Very impressive bit of kit actually, I enjoyed the week and saved some money on fuel compared to the SAAB. Win win.

My sister's partner at the time had a C reg VW Jetta GT (GTi?), which I think was 8 valve but had some engine modification. I didn't borrow it per se but he let me take it for a spin. He sat in the passenger seat. I was very impressed indeed. Managed to give the guy a scare once I gave it the beans without warning him. :mrgreen:

Mind you, most cars would have been impressive compared to my Fiat Tempra 1.4 that ran on 3 cylinders. :oops:

I was disappointed that he sold it because of some fault on the car. Sister's ex partner was driving around in £350 shitters at the time. He was on the hook for 3 lots of child support so his outgoings were hefty. He kept changing his cars on a regular basis because of some fault and rather than spend the cash to fix it, he sold it and bought another car: others I remember him having were: a white Sapphire Ghia, a Renault 5 with a borkled heater matrix and even a Rover 800 series (can't remember what engine or spec). He even had my ex brother-in-law's J reg Tempra 1.6 SX and my parents L reg  Astra III California at two stages, which were better cars that the other shite he had.

I was lent my stepdads old Daihatsu Sirion for a few days while my old Fiesta was being fixed after the clutch went. Other cars I have been lent at various times include a Mk2 Focus, Mk2. 5 Focus and a Daewoo Kalos. I'd say my favourite was probably the Mk2. 5 Focus. 

Renault 5 GT Turbo.  It was 1990 and I was 17 with a two week old driving licence.  My sisters boyfriend lent it to me for the night.

well I say lent....it was more a case of he left his keys at our house while they were away for the night at a friends wedding and I had read that the GT needed a blast every now and then.  So technically I had twoc’d it but he wouldn’t have minded.  If I had ever told him that is.  Shit and shovel interface achieved many many times that night.  It took about two weeks to get the smile off my face

On 4/27/2019 at 11:30 PM, Honey Badger said:

Fiat 131 Supermirafiori 2.0 estate, twin headlamps in gunmetal grey.

It was my mates mums car that she brought from a dodgy 2nd hand car trader on Albion Street in Kettering, it wouldn't idle but the noise from the engine as you progressed in a spirited manner was addictive, my 1.8 CVH Sierra was being used by my girlfriend at the time to take her kids away on Holiday so I offered to Tax the Fiat for 6 months if I could use it for 2 weeks, the Sierra was a disappointment in comparison when I got it back.

I've never seen another like it in real life or online searches, not even a picture but it certainly left a lasting memory, she got sick of the crappy idle and scrapped it not long after I'd borrowed it, it was immaculate as well.

Gunmetal one for sale here:-

http://car-from-uk.com/sale.php?id=157862&country=uk

25k! 

My dad's mate had a 1600TC and after driving it my dad got a 132 2000 TC

ebay145575857792357.jpg