B.D.S. Your Delivery Is Our Concern

Bucketeer

A brief but very pleasant meeting with the always delightful Cavcraft saw the Peugeot loaded with precious cargo to be delivered to another shiter.

post-13750-0-28840800-1556386280_thumb.jpg

I set off southwards in what can only be described as 'yet more flipping rain' and I am now preparing to leave Keele services after having the most enjoyable of wees which it feels like I have been holding in for a week.

post-13750-0-02602500-1556386305_thumb.jpg

The 205 is growing on me more and more as we get to know each other better. Even the cherry bomb isn't as loud as I'd feared at motorway speeds.

So far, I would mark it happyfruit/10.

post-13750-0-44779400-1556386333_thumb.jpg

Many many thanks to Snagglepuss for loaning me the red rocket. What a mate.

Many many thanks to Snagglepuss for loaning me the red rocket. What a mate.

For god’s sake, don’t let mrs Snagglepuss know you’re only borrowing it....she thinks he’s sold it to you and when it reappears in due course, he’s going to tell her he won it back in a roffle...

A brief but very pleasant meeting with the always delightful Cavcraft saw the Peugeot loaded with precious cargo to be delivered to another shiter.

youve heard of the lady in the lake or the trevor gadge in brookside under the patio (i would use another example but thats just too grim)

this is the cant catch me body in a bag in a 205 - hope you can outrun them alex :P

^^^^ Outrunning them would be futile, they could follow the noise of the Cherry Bomb from ten miles away.

It dawned on me as I was pimping down the M40 that I've only had about 30 minutes of painful bus sleep since I got up yesterday morning, so I've pulled over briefly just north of Oxford for a double helping of explosive coffee. I don't feel that tired but better safe than sorry.

Only another couple of hours of driving before I reach my rest stop for the night.

Non turbo diesels really need silencers, they're noisy buggers without the noise cancelling effect of a turbo.

I'm surprisingly enamoured by the noise it makes through the Cherry Bomb. To my ears it's not obscenely loud and there's a nice faint whoosh, almost like a turbo. Also, it starts sounding very reminiscent of a TU rather than a clattery XUD when you load it.

what you sitting at on the motorway?

I kept it around a nice sedate indicated 67-68mph most of the time on the motorway. That feels like a sweet spot. It's happy, almost eager, to go higher but that's not really my kettle of tea.

At an indicated 63mph the exhaust emits a resonant tone that starts many bits of trim and the sunroof rattling. One mph above or below and it disappears.

Anyway it's done us proud today. 300+ miles without a hiccup, and every one of those miles I had a smile on my face.