2 car capers..NON Kollekshun as being deliverered

bezzabsa

Facebook market place has it's uses..

spotted a Scenic 1600 petrol on there this morning, same year and colour as my current scenic...listed as - and I quote "Spears or reaper" ....*No comment**

anyhooo went the 2 miles to view, MOT fail sheet in the car listed mainly minor faults, so for £200 delivered I'll either strip it - sell it - or fix it up and possibly use it as main car and sell on the auto..

I'll arrange some pics later

MOT sheet

15/04/2019 16:12 Fail
Mileage:
129,551 miles
+ 2,962 miles travelled since last MOT.
Refusal Notices
  • Drivers seat insecure (6.2.5 (a) (ii)) - Dangerous
  • Trailer electrical socket (13 pin) not functioning at all (4.10 © (ii)) - Dangerous
  • Passengers seat insecure (6.2.6 (a) (ii)) - Dangerous
  • Offside front seat belt retracting mechanism defective (7.1.2 (e)) - Major
  • Headlamp aim projected beam image is obviously incorrect (4.1.2 ©) - Major
  • Exhaust silencer insecure (8.1.1 (B) (i)) - Major
  • Exhaust lambda reading after 2nd fast idle outside specified limits (8.2.1.2 ©) - Major
Advisory Notices
  • Hazard warning switch faulty (4.4.2 (a) (i)) - Minor
  • Registration plate lamp inoperative in the case of multiple lamps or light sources (4.7.1 (B) (i)) - Minor
  • Power steering fluid level below minimum (2.1.5 (B) (i)) - Minor
  • Registration plate deteriorated but not likely to be misread (0.1 (B))
  • Exhaust has a minor leak of exhaust gases (6.1.2 (a))
  • Oil leak, but not excessive (8.4.1 (a) (i))
  • Front brake disc worn, pitted or scored, but not seriously weakened (1.1.14 (a) (ii))
  • Rear brake disc worn, pitted or scored, but not seriously weakened (1.1.14 (a) (ii))
  • Nearside rear tyre slightly damaged/cracking or perishing (5.2.3 (d) (ii))
  • Rear service brake requirements only just met. it would appear that the braking system requires adjustment or repair (1.2.1 ©)

well, it arrived... 1st thing negative battery terminal looks to be larger than the battery lug, so has to be jump pack started, runs and drives great...most of the MOT fail I gather is down to a very pedant tester..so tow bar is being removed tomorrow, seat belts have been untwisted so they both now work... 2 seats need to be tightened slightly..hazard switch i think is due to said tow bar electrics shorting somewhere...

colour match to my auto is almost 100% so after MOT pass rear hatch and 2 rear doors are being swapped due to A-tints..and B- both back doors on 'new' car have dings, as does the tail gate, will also be swapping my driver seat over as the leather is in better condition..

Bonus finds - new one has Climate control, twin sun roofs..also has cassette player.....with 6CD Auto changer under passenger seat BONUS!!!!

and best of all new one is almost £200 a year cheaper to insure and £65 cheaper to tax!!!

Piccies will be slung up tomorrow during swearing session cleaning LOL

OH and I found a shedload of History in one of the many cubby holes...also including a Letter from Renault UK to previous owner giving him £280 as a goodwill gesture,,,,,over what I don't know...but would love to find out 

I just discovered from another thread on here that 13 pin sockets are Mot testable (and failable).    Gawd knows why, but I am pleased to have been able to impart such recently learned information....

one fitted is a 7 pin??? so gawd knows..

On the plus side - been to another garage for MOT after checking over it yesterday.

Result??

PASSED with 2 advisorys

both rear tyres are perished...and a small oil leak!!!

reckon the other garage was hoping to rip him off big time...

emissions were well within spec even at tick over, brakes are fine - just need to get some crud off the disks..all lights work etc..

covered 20 miles today in it (pre booked MOT) and it drives lovely, clutch is a little high..but i have been driving an auto for 14 months so I may need to get used to it..handles potholes and speed bumps like  rolls royce, wafts over them, where my auto bangs and crashes even after new front end drop links and bushes!!! 

also climate control is ace and works well 

cleaning now needed and also piccies

and a final update

is now sold......for double what it owes me!!! 

Friends son is taking lessons and needed a family chariot.. still mine for 2 weeks , but a nice hefty £250 deposit means i'm happy!!!

will attempt some pics tomorrow, if the winds stops trying to blow everything sideways!!!