Small Jump Start Pack - Recommendations

Jerzy Woking

*I have used the search facility, but cannot find anything*

My shared underground garage here in Spain does not have any electrical sockets anywhere. I'm leaving my motorbike here in June and not coming back until September. I will be disconnecting the battery before I go, but concerned it will still go flat, as it seems TTADTS.

I won't have a car with me then, so looking at getting one of those small jumpstart packs. Can anyone recommend one that works reliably? Will have to be small as it will have to go in my hand luggage on the flight. Thanks all.

I've got one of these cheapie ones:

$_12.JPG?set_id=880000500F

Had it a couple of years now and it's a decent enough bit of kit for the price - obviously given its size its cranking abilities are fairly limited, but it will start my 1.8-litre Toyota Carina OK, so should be fine for a bike.  My only complaint thus far is that the springs in the clamps are slightly feeble so sometimes need wiggling around to get a good connection on the battery terminals.

*I have used the search facility, but cannot find anything*

My shared underground garage here in Spain does not have any electrical sockets anywhere. I'm leaving my motorbike here in June and not coming back until September. I will be disconnecting the battery before I go, but concerned it will still go flat, as it seems TTADTS.

I won't have a car with me then, so looking at getting one of those small jumpstart packs. Can anyone recommend one that works reliably? Will have to be small as it will have to go in my hand luggage on the flight. Thanks all.

Check with your airline if you can take it on the plane - whatever type you choose. A big battery and wires could otherwise result in problems. My advice is try to get it in some written form ie an email - not just an 'it will be alright' on the phone.

I bought this one and it has started the well-dead 214 first time every time, and usually has enough juice for two or three uses without recharging.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07BK1SPVR

OOS now, but any of the generic no-name brands will do the biz for £25, eg 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B079LZJ8GK

I have the dbpower one:

DBPOWER 300A 8000mAh Portable Mini Car Jump Starter, Emergency Battery Booster Pack, Power Bank with LED Flashlight for Phone Tablet and More, 2.5L Petrol Engine Max (Black/Yellow) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B079LZJ8GK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_zBJWCb9ZQBFHN

It's brilliant. I would now buy a bigger one because my phone has a large battery and it'd be nice to get two charges from it. Jump starts all sorts without issues.