Easter Monday car collecshun capers.

Springer

Tayne and I headed very south of this parish of Aberdeen on a mission to find me an XC90.

We found ourselves south of some huge metropolis called 'Glaisgae'.....never heard of the the place before, even with it being so big?

Furst car was rather good - but needed brakes all round not just the rears  as suspected from yon MOT thingy. Also we weren't 100% sure that the autobox of tricks was changing properly.

Said our goodbyes to the vendor with a promise* that we'd be back.

Headed back to yon 'Glasigae' place and test drove two others. One three years older and £1k more. Yuk!. Eventually found a car buying emporium* that turned out to be a tower block in a very salubrious area of said metropolis and test drove an even more yuk and dodgy one. Gearboxes all the same (apart from the dealer one which was very sluggish) so headed back down the way and a surprise' raid on the first vendor.

Deal struck at exactly what I wanted to pay for it and it's now back in our own shire.

Two owners from you new...current owners 5 years and fsh. Wifes car, she's bought a 4wd Mini. He has a very recent C Class  Estate ans a Disco 4. 

SE spec, 07 plate, 159k, ticket until next Jan. FSH with a decent wad of receipts. Metallic grey with full cream leather. No smoking on start up or under load whatsoever.

Needs some paint to the rear passenger door. (Knew about this before we headed down..not a biggy). Also rear arch ....but that turns out to be a screw on plastic part so will source from a breakers in same colour. Headlights need a damn good polish (these all do) and a few stonechips that I want to see too and deal with. Car presents very well.

Brakes...grim, so will get that done. Due a service and will get the box serviced too. These things seem to eat bushes so will start a program of replacing them.

Not a bad old drive at all. Supremely comfortable and pulls like a train. My biggest issue driving it home was keeping it at legal speeds until I worked out the cruise control for the last 50 odd miles.

Only have these two pics from the original advert. Will take more over the next few days.

post-20825-0-42345200-1555967466_thumb.jpgpost-20825-0-71787100-1555967498_thumb.jpg

I have a real hankering for a big modernish 4x4 at the moment.

This one is 12 years old and an almost 17 year old design. so hardly even modernish...lol. 

Go on, you know you want to.....mind you, all ovloV's end up in Scotchland don't you know! :-D  :mrgreen: