The Sun is out - tops off!! 2001 SLK Dunfermline

seacow

In a blatant attempt to take advantage of what is probably our summer thought I would test the water today. Probably above the usual Autoshite bangernomics budget but easier life on here than ebay etc etc

I picked this up as a daily for 12 months 2 years ago and love it! 83k potted history but serviced twice in my ownership. Had 4 new good year tyres when I bought it and new brake pads on the back. The brakes are currently squeaking a bit - will clean if I get time, Comes with set of Brembo discs and pads for front - not needed but bought and not had chance to fit.

It’s auto - roof works perfectly comes with official merc wind deflector. MOT is July.

Drives great - did north coast 500 and used daily with no issues - economy is reasonable.

It’s a three foot car - looks good in pics but plenty of marks and blebs - rust on wings as is the norm - worst in pics - will need doing in due course but not unsightly - I spend more time cleaning and waxing this than the expensive cars in the fleet!!

I’m not convinced I want to sell and will regret it but I have another ‘toy’ car and could do with something with 4 seats - been offered a family car which has sentimental appeal but one out one in - if no one fancies I can see me keeping another 2 years!! I’m looking for £2k - tell me if I am taking the piss - I know you will!! Comes with model of car with correct colour and plates - that has to be worth an extra couple of hundred?!?!? If it rains tomorrow I’m sure value will plumit!

post-5664-0-54014800-1555792522_thumb.jpeg

post-5664-0-78298300-1555792537_thumb.jpeg

post-5664-0-55536500-1555792553_thumb.jpeg

post-5664-0-99818100-1555792564_thumb.jpeg

post-5664-0-45091800-1555792578_thumb.jpeg

post-5664-0-43763200-1555792595_thumb.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Kiltox said:

How about a swap for my X5 instead? :D

An itch I’d like to scratch, but no spare coin 

That’s exactly how i bought it - always fancied one but never thought very highly but actually love it!

Funnily I was looking at your ad earlier with interest but being sensible we have the XC90 so if I move SLK it will be the A8 (if still available) or the sentimental family car!  Now if you can sell the X5 the chain is long but doable!! :-) 

9 hours ago, seacow said:

I am giving this a cheeky self bump as I fancy the A8 @sims00 is selling. I’m going to put on gumtree but she owes me £1800 but happy to take offers if anyone is interested!

Have you ever had an itch for a mk1 mx5 ? 

Its a 15 foot car.