SRi05

1998 Audi A8 4.2 Quattro V8 - £1750

I had one at 10 years old in 2005 N565TNT , I loved that car

The biggest issue is keeping a clean licence, that double glazing insulates you from the outside world , you drive along wondering why everybody is going so slow then you look down to find you're doing 95mph

I had one at 10 years old in 2005 N565TNT , I loved that car

The biggest issue is keeping a clean licence, that double glazing insulates you from the outside world , you drive along wondering why everybody is going so slow then you look down to find you're doing 125mph

FTFY.

I took this a drive this afternoon with all 4 windows down just to listen to the soundtrack, I reckon a SPROTS exhaust setup would sound amazing on this, but wouldn't keep up with it's gentlemanly image. Going to give it a proper clean tomorrow since I'm off and the weather is going to be nice

My S8 was awesome but had to go because of gearbox issues. Changing the ATF is an absolute must with these. Audi's sealed for lifetime is absolute bs, call ZF and see what they'll tell you about their gearbox. This one is low mileage enough that it might not cause any issues when it's serviced properly, if you just ignore it you can scrap it in the not too distant future.

So I'm currently on holiday and I'm now ENGAGED. Oh, and I am the lucky purchaser of this piece of fine German V8 muscle. Life doesn't get better. Cheers. Is it wrong for me to be so excited to hurry up and return and collect this?!

Blimey Sims, you work quick! When I had the Mazda off you in December weren't you going on first dates? congratulations to you and the future Mrs Sims.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Sims evidently misses the V8 waftiness that he sold to RantingYoof a while back.

Was it that obvious? The regret was REAL.

Currently sunning myself and realising that I have a massive road trip ahead. Balls.

Bucketeeers mental madness services may be employed

So I'm currently on holiday and I'm now ENGAGED. Oh, and I am the lucky purchaser of this piece of fine German V8 muscle. Life doesn't get better. Cheers. Is it wrong for me to be so excited to hurry up and return and collect this?!

Congratulations. I'm sure you will be very happy.

Oh, and the engagement thing too.

/Obvious joke.

Congratulations, I hope you have a happy life together. Well done on the engagement also

Right..

Some Pirelli tyres fitted, and I've fully balanced the wheels all round. Discs and pads for the front are on order too.

This will probably be up for sale. We are looking at buying a home around Derbyshire, and that commute is a ridiculous long term prospect that I won't sadly be able to sustain that cost.

£1400 is what takes it. Will come with discs and pads, you can fit them yourself. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By chaseracer
      OK, let's try this again; the sensible hybrid is on the way.

Late-1995 'Inca' 3-door
      1.8 n/a
      90000 miles
      MOT 19.6.2019, but will have new ticket before moving on
      'Patinated' yet very solid; character dent in front wing; never welded, boot floor perfect
      Sunroof sealed, replacement provided
      Great fun on the twisties but good on big roads too; would drive this anywhere
      Tarty but comfy pleather CTi front seats (originals here too)
      Grips well in mud with a large SCTSH on the bonnet (SF16!)
      Previously polished by Outlaw Bob
      Colour-coded HubNut sticker for ultimate shite cred

Car in WS12; taxed to get you home

Shiters' price: £590
      or
      Roffle at £10 a go.

• By Wack
      Short version of a long thread

Bought Nov 17 with a blown engine
      Put new engine in that was worse than the old one
      Put another 70,000 mile engine in out of a 330D that I saw running this time

It's got loads of history inc recon gearbox and suspension done

Drives ok , no warning lights on , 2 keys, one needs a battery , 12 months mot, everything works inc AC

Needs the blower direction box sorting , it's on your feet, could be 5 minutes , could be 30 mi utes then theres a whoosh as something frees off and it's all working normally
      I had a Google and it's something to do with vents, the box goes misshapen, I read a screw in the right place pulls it back into shape

Inner rear arches behind the back doors need welding , heated screen only demists the passenger side

It'll come with the original 18" wheels and wheel nuts as well as the 19" that are on it, but the 18" tyres are close to the limit

Qualifies for modern classic insurance , adrian flux quoted me under £200 TPFT , I went with A plan at £300 fully comp

I haven't advertised it anywhere else yet

Original post below

I've been looking at Range Rovers for a
      few weeks , in the past as I have a very competent/cheap mechanic I've bought a few projects that have worked out Ok but not a RR

I've found one with an engine problem, not too far away guy wants shot of it so he'll take £1000 for it , it's a 2003 HSE with 150k on the clock, MOT history looks very good, it's tested until next april and he said it's had gearbox work in the last 6 months

It's a really bad idea isn't it ,put me off with tales of woe, I'm really tempted to go and see it and risk divorce
    • By Tigerfox
      I know this is not the usual car to see on here but Tigerfox Jr has a baby on the way and he is discovering how expensive they are.

It is a 2003 231 version with the 6 speed gearbox and has only done 34k. I looked at loads before finding this one and it is very nice condition

Starts instantly, recent new battery and uses fuel at a alarming rate ! 

Mot until July and would expect it to pass as it has only done 500 miles since the last one

I have more pictures and it is advertised elsewhere for £1795 and a forum discount applies so £1675,  NOW £1500

Leather interior, air con, working electric and heated seats, bose radio/cd

PM me if you want more photos or contact details.

Car is in South Leicestershire

• By sims00
      So for various reasons, mainly money and hopefully, impending engagement/wedding (sshhhh) this is deffo for sale, with a discount for shiters.

Currently, I am having the alternator replaced, as it basically died yesterday. I've sourced a good quality second hand one from a breaker with some warranty, and it's been checked and proven to work perfectly. It arrives in a couple of days, and I am paying to have it fitted. So the car is currently awaiting this in the garage.

I've already got an alternative vehicle sourced and don't need any PX's, just a straightforward sale. This was purchased from Colc of this very parish, and has been fantastic, alternator issue aside!

So..

-130k miles, FSH - stamped book, countless receipts and paperwork, totalling thousands of pounds..mechanically absolutely brilliant. Recent stuff like turbo and other bits, engine is sweeter than your proverbial nut

-Full leather with heated seats, Sat Nav, Cruise Control, dual zone climate control..all working perfectly!

-recent full service by me approx 2k miles ago involving oil/oil filter, pollen, air..fuel filter included but I ran out of time and haven't actually had time to sit and do it since

-rust free! underneath it is fabulous. Seems to have had a very recent new exhaust system too.

-MOT till 19th November 2019!

No knocks/bangs/ghosts/borrowers/cockroaches. It really does drive brilliantly. Comes with 3 keys, 4 matching Michelin Cross Climate tyres. Only negatives are it has a ding to the rear tailgate, and theres a small patch of paint that flaked off on the rear bumper thanks to aggressive car wash peoples.

I'm located in Quinton, Birmingham.

• By kinkersaab
      Just arrived today, on my breif test drive it seemed all good, no issues with engine/ box etc, no warning lights on. Nice inside with all the buttons i tried working. Scabby bits a plenty as is to be expected from such a premium brand.......   WARNING !  might cause you to turn into a tediously dull Golf driver and start quoting mpg figures.  Plenty room in the glovebox to leave your personality before you exit the vehicle and mix with others...…