1998 Audi A8 4.2 Quattro V8 - £1750

SRi05

I had one at 10 years old in 2005 N565TNT , I loved that car

The biggest issue is keeping a clean licence, that double glazing insulates you from the outside world , you drive along wondering why everybody is going so slow then you look down to find you're doing 125mph

FTFY.

I took this a drive this afternoon with all 4 windows down just to listen to the soundtrack, I reckon a SPROTS exhaust setup would sound amazing on this, but wouldn't keep up with it's gentlemanly image. Going to give it a proper clean tomorrow since I'm off and the weather is going to be nice

My S8 was awesome but had to go because of gearbox issues. Changing the ATF is an absolute must with these. Audi's sealed for lifetime is absolute bs, call ZF and see what they'll tell you about their gearbox. This one is low mileage enough that it might not cause any issues when it's serviced properly, if you just ignore it you can scrap it in the not too distant future.

So I'm currently on holiday and I'm now ENGAGED. Oh, and I am the lucky purchaser of this piece of fine German V8 muscle. Life doesn't get better. Cheers. Is it wrong for me to be so excited to hurry up and return and collect this?!

Blimey Sims, you work quick! When I had the Mazda off you in December weren't you going on first dates? congratulations to you and the future Mrs Sims.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

So I'm currently on holiday and I'm now ENGAGED. Oh, and I am the lucky purchaser of this piece of fine German V8 muscle. Life doesn't get better. Cheers. Is it wrong for me to be so excited to hurry up and return and collect this?!

Congratulations. I'm sure you will be very happy.

Oh, and the engagement thing too.

/Obvious joke.

Congratulations, I hope you have a happy life together. Well done on the engagement also

• 2 weeks later...

Right..

Some Pirelli tyres fitted, and I've fully balanced the wheels all round. Discs and pads for the front are on order too.

This will probably be up for sale. We are looking at buying a home around Derbyshire, and that commute is a ridiculous long term prospect that I won't sadly be able to sustain that cost.

£1400 is what takes it. Will come with discs and pads, you can fit them yourself.