Rave's Charade - 13/8/19 MOT pass and fuel consumption query

Rave

I'm off to see a man with a dog about a koi carp. Or something like that.

post-20573-0-35645700-1555532793_thumb.jpg

Hope that's everything.

Accompanying me on this trip will be the camera shy Mrs R. She doesn't particularly like cars and doesn't have a driving licence, but she does enjoy travel for its own sake, up until the point when it's nearing the time to leave, at which point she always expresses doubts, this afternoon being no exception. Still, she's overcome them it seems, which is good, as it would have annoyed me to waste her ticket.

Hahahah megabus!!...thats MEGA! At least you should have a good run up and traffic should be virtually non existent once out - which way do you go Westway and out?

Service station stop near Carlisle?

Exciting! Hope you manage to get some shut eye!

It is. I'd read about it before but had of course forgotten that it was grade 2 listed, and was quite impressed when we rolled around the corner.

Anyway there's an element of hazard entered proceedings now, in that our second bus is due out of Glasgow at 0950, and we've only just got onto the M8...

Aaand we made it. Bit more space on the Stirling bus, though the extended Indian family who delayed us at Preston by tramping round the enormous double decker Vanhool trying and failing to sit together have just jumped on this one, so 30 minutes more snoozing seems unlikely. Never mind, I reckon I've managed at least 6 hours.

The first bus was going via Dundee on its way to Aberdeen, this one's destination is Dundee, I guess via a different route.

Look at this luxury high speed distance covering machine. Ideal for a 450 mile trip back to London:

post-20573-0-62407400-1555587372_thumb.jpg

Unfortunately we're not here to buy that.

post-20573-0-57198600-1555587480_thumb.jpg

I'm posting this from Cumbernauld McDs, 30-odd miles down the road. First impressions are pretty good; the brakes are disconcertingly long travel but stop it OK when they do bite. 5th gear is quite long, which means it's quite relaxed at 60, but acceleration is nonexistent up any kind of incline. I was hoping to get home on one tank but from near empty it's not even taken 7 gallons, so that might be a challenge.

Lovely to meet you Tiff, top shiter, wud bi agen etc.