Buying a working, legal, partially presentable car for under a ton?

Demio

On 4/19/2019 at 8:02 PM, Iamgroot said:

Bloody hell, if any of my family gave away a car I'd never forgive them. 

Well, you will never have Car Karma then.

My wife was given her first car by her sister. Suzuki SC100.

My wife gave her second car to her friend mini 850

My parents gave my sister her first car Y reg dangly mirror Sierra estate.

My father in law gave us a mk3 cavalier. 

A bloke off the internet that i didnt know gave me a mk2 cavalier

I tried to give a Rover 216 SLi to my brother in law. 

My father in law gave my son a mk4 astra

My wife gave my daughter a BINI 

I tried to buy an allagro vandom plah off my grandad, but he gave it to my uncle who never drove it and scrapped it as soon as his dad passed away.

Mostly the gift of car has been within family, but i might be tempted to give a car to someone I didn't know if they were weird enough. 

I gave away my first car to a lass I knew who had vanished for a year or so, then reappeared shacked up with a lad with three kids whose mum had passed away.  It took him to work and the family around for 18 months or so then got them a financed Punto through scrappage. T911AJR

55 minutes ago, New POD said:

Well, you will never have Car Karma then.

My wife was given her first car by her sister. Suzuki SC100.

My wife gave her second car to her friend mini 850

My parents gave my sister her first car Y reg dangly mirror Sierra estate.

My father in law gave us a mk3 cavalier. 

A bloke off the internet that i didnt know gave me a mk2 cavalier

I tried to give a Rover 216 SLi to my brother in law. 

My father in law gave my son a mk4 astra

My wife gave my daughter a BINI 

I tried to buy an allagro vandom plah off my grandad, but he gave it to my uncle who never drove it and scrapped it as soon as his dad passed away.

Mostly the gift of car has been within family, but i might be tempted to give a car to someone I didn't know if they were weird enough. 

Haha, no I must have not been clear enough, I meant without offering it me! I actually gave away a car of mine away earlier this year to a lad in work who's clutch had gone on his car.

No I'm all for giving them away if it helps out a friend or family member.

11 hours ago, loserone said:

But it won't be a ton.

My wife just bought a working, tested and freshly cleaned Peugeot for two ton, but that's life for you.

Guess who just paid for new fuel filters for her too..

like plastic pigs, scrap value is approx -50 quid cos disposing of fibreglass is a wank. there fore all invacars are worth -50 quid.  just like taking avocado coloured fibreglass baths to the tip.you get charged. same/same.

cheapest car i had was a $20 1986 navara 2x4 dual cab. needed a windscreen. i do miss that old rammel. a proper autoshite car.  it had 4 wheels see.....

I gave away a spare metro convertible a while back. In return the guy was meant to give me a lift to Glasgow for a gti I'd won on ebay and pay the tax on the metro. He turned up at mine when I wasn't in, Took the car and left the tax money with my ex. He'd worked out the tax money to the exact day and pennies. Wanker.

4 hours ago, sloth said:

like plastic pigs, scrap value is approx -50 quid cos disposing of fibreglass is a wank. there fore all invacars are worth -50 quid.  just like taking avocado coloured fibreglass baths to the tip.you get charged. same/same.

I will admit its funny hearing you say that when literally just the body shell (so literally JUST the fibreglass components) of an Invacar just sold on ebay for £695 :mrgreen:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/133077005975

4 minutes ago, LightBulbFun said:

I will admit its funny hearing you say that when literally just the body shell (so literally JUST the fibreglass components) of an Invacar just sold on ebay for £695 :mrgreen:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/133077005975

like fetishes there is a freak for all things. though invacars are up there with stranglewanks and inserting broken glass into you arsehole. 

and its ebay, winning bid does not mean cash handed over and sold. 

1 minute ago, sloth said:

like fetishes there is a freak for all things. though invacars are up there with stranglewanks and inserting broken glass into you arsehole. 

and its ebay, winning bid does not mean cash handed over and sold. 

what do you honestly want me to say to that?!

(side note I know who won that auction, pretty sure they will be paying up :) )

Well I do hope Demio ended up achieving his aim. Any updates? 

I understand it was to provide material to write about cars, but trying to dredge the depths of gumtree for a bargain could provide material for primatology  research.

On 4/21/2019 at 6:47 PM, Mally said:

Thing that gets me is you are using the info people give, taking little notice along the way, and if your idea comes to fruition, which may well happen if you moderate some of your requirements.

You will go all quiet on us, tell us nothing, put it all in print, and expect us to pay for it.

I'd rather read Jim

Mystic Mall?