GOLF GT TDI Gone now.....

kinkersaab

My Dad bought a brand spanker 150bhp when they 1st came out in 2001. Then I had one about 13 years ago when I was 20. It had done about 110k when I had it and I had it remapped and drove it like a twat, hoofing out great clouds of clag absolutely everywhere. I'm pretty certain it had already had a haircut when I had it and I know the lad I sold it to knocked another 30k off when he had it. I just checked the reg and the fucker's still going, it must have done about 250k by now! I'd say these PD engines are the nicest 4 cyl diesel I've driven, even in standard form they go well, do 50mpg and don't really go wrong. It's a shame they couldn't get them through euro 4 emissions as I reckon they're better than the 2.0 lump that followed. I know everyone slates the handling but that mini-tank feeling quite suits them. For £450 that's a great little thing.

That actually looks really good vfm, surprisingly isn't running on hideous 19" alloys and doesn't look like it's been piloted by some absolute knob rocket round a council estate at 100mph every night.  

I’ve got a 130 Tdi, really all the car you need.

Mines got heated seats (fabric) and cruise.

Seem to be going up a touch in value at the minute, I recommend them to most people. Massively understressed mechanically, engines are usually like new inside regardless of miles.

They do like to chew suspension bushes though..

My missus bought one just after we first got together, cracking car, went like stink whilst good on fuel. Only the windows dropping into the doors due to dodgy plastic clips holding them in position let it down. I will be honest though, I do find the mk4 a trifle drab.

411 miles, using the wonderful M6...

no one appears to acknowledge that people live further north than Preston..

so a 'lift' is out of the question...

even mega bus refuses to head north 'o' the border according to their webshite

Hmmm,strange u all say London to scotch exists for Megabus, as the site i was on didn't show that.. plus i'd be heading 110 miles in the wrong direction to get to Londonium...

can't drive up as I cannae drive 2 back..no tow bar so trailering it back isnt an option.. unless anyone up there wants a 2002 scenic 1600 16v Auto, 123k alloys, leather, belts done,air con works..no sunroof...

Used to be HGV driver so distance doesnt faze me...also picked up a LR 90 from Egremont in a 1970 SWB 2.25 diesel.. my ears have just about recovered!!!!

Hmmm,strange u all say London to scotch exists for Megabus, as the site i was on didn't show that.. plus i'd be heading 110 miles in the wrong direction to get to Londonium...

Bit late now but the bus I got to Glasgow was heading on to Aberdeen, and its first stop was Birmingham. I've just been on the Megabus site and it shows plenty of availability, 18 quid if you book far enough ahead.