1999 Rover 820SI for sale/roffle, £4.50 a go or £260 outright. Basingstoke, 69k with two months MOT.

bramz7

I had to intended to keep this one, but as per, I am bored. I love how it drives, but I really need my second car to be a more reliable and less project-y.

The good:

Lowish mileage at 69k.

Gearbox and engine seem to be really good, although it does need a service.

Car is largely straight, bar a few giffer marks from previous ownership.

Tidy interior.

Arches and sills are solid as a rock, thankfully.

Reasonable history and lovely original leather owners wallet.

No issues with most of the electrics.

The bad.

-Needs a new alternator as the bearings in this one are shot. It doesn't seem to struggle at all, just sounds bad.

Exhaust blow toward the rear of the pipes.

Cracked expansion tank (bodged repair)

Previous owner thought it had HGF, but after 200 miles in traffic/town speeds and motorway, it hasn't had any issues at all. I was stuck in some reasonable traffic the other day and the temperature went to just below middle, and stayed there.

Oil seepage from rocker gasket, as it's a T-Series.

Some slight dashlift but it's not bad.

Fob works, just the lack of buttons on it (rubber always falls off) makes it a touch harder to operate.

I think that is it, the tyres seem okay (Continentals) but may benefit from changing. It drives nicely, the handling is decent and it doesn't crash over bumps like everyone says 800s do.

I am a bit gutted to sell it, but as mentioned, need a steady second car (which is ideally diesel) instead of this. Oh well.

MOT expires June 19th 2019. Previous MOT suggested it may need new rear pads.

Any questions, please ask. I will clean it before it goes.

32367048257_bdc97d2f46_c.jpg1999 Rover 820Si Automatic. by Sam Osbon, on Flickr

46585576714_c3af0b9ab0_c.jpg1999 Rover 820Si Automatic. by Sam Osbon, on Flickr

32367050537_8070fe9bc8_c.jpgP1050582 by Sam Osbon, on Flickr

46585579184_cd74161ba9_c.jpgP1050586 by Sam Osbon, on Flickr

46585574704_0b8f7937cc_c.jpgP1050587 by Sam Osbon, on Flickr

In regards to the HGF, there is no oil in the coolant from appearances, just a lot of the effects of condensation. It was laid up for a few months before I got it as the longterm owner had got another car.

Same old London giffer owned it from 1999-2019. CD Changer in the boot, oh la la.

1 Lord Sterling

3 GeordieInExile

4 RobT

6 njgleeds

7 83C

11 83C

14 DSdriver

17 Lord Sterling (c/o The Judge)

20 iamgroot

24 RobT

28 njgleeds

32 Ohdearme

37 83C

38 motorpunk

42 83C

44 83C

46 iamgroot

49 RobT

51 DSdriver

57 83C

To avoid any doubt, it is an Automatic.

I'll take one and gift it to Mo Sterling

Wow! Thank you!!!

I'm conscious of the fact that I'll sound like a twat; but do you not already have enough fucked 800s?  :?  Though I suppose that IS the autoshite way...

I do, but this is Autoshite. Nothing makes sense.

Well... I suppose some man maths....

In order for me to get one if my Rover 800s back on the road, would probably cost a new radiator and pair of rear sills welding up. Plus the gear oil might need changing. We're probably talking around not seeing much change out of £500.

With this one, I guess I could have another chance if getting back into the world of 800s for £5.50 (or even less ;))

Something might reluctantly need to be pushed out of the fleet though if this gets taken on.

Wow! Thank you!!!

I do, but this is Autoshite. Nothing makes sense.

Well... I suppose some man maths....

In order for me to get one if my Rover 800s back on the road, would probably cost a new radiator and pair of rear sills welding up. Plus the gear oil might need changing. We're probably talking around not seeing much change out of £500.

With this one, I guess I could have another chance if getting back into the world of 800s for £5.50 (or even less ;))

Something might reluctantly need to be pushed out of the fleet though if this gets taken on.

squash everything post 90

random for moog random for mo the utter slaaaaaaaaag :D

Nice car this and seems silly cheap at 260 groat. I reckon the Rover 800 has one of the all-time great driving positions in terms of visibility/comfort/feeling like a winner while sat in.

It would have to be a manual and 5-door to get my increasingly dormant shite glands to start fizzing however.

It is lovely Bo11, do me a favour and buy it as my resolve is evaporating. I've got a big spend coming up with a trip abroad so shouldn't really.

It was a local car to me until bramz bought it. I often saw it parked up in town or driving around, and the gifferette owner was tiny and could barely see out! Her husband owned it from new I think.