1983 Audi 80 1600 CL - Non runner

billy_bunter

Just in case someone on here is looking for a project. Its not a big project.

This one has been my love/hate car and part of my still wants to get it back on the road. Currently at hate/hate and with the way things are with family commitments it will not get fixed for months.

Non Runner - Fueling issues (mechanicalk pump is not getting fuel to carb. Suspect auxiliary shaft) and background wiring issue with starter and carb thermostats circuits.
More details if you talk to me so phone conversations welcomed....

Pm for more details/phone number.

Live just North of Bristol.

Money - Offers circa £750 Offers face to face after having looked at the car and talked to me are more likely to be accepted.

post-4189-0-39604000-1555166122_thumb.jpg

post-4189-0-59290700-1555166142_thumb.jpg

post-4189-0-16639800-1555166163_thumb.jpg.

Truthfully its a 10 footer.  Starting to fade in places and the rust is just starting to show. Considering its on 53 k and it;s not been welded yet is pretty damn good. Hence I am saying come and look.

Having said that it polishes up very nicely. Interior is very good barring sun fading on back seat and some on the drivers seat. wish I had put covers on the front. There again I was only keeping it for 6 months and that was nearly 5 years ago

...very cheap for one of these with low miles; ones with 'lots of issues' usually go for €1500 here; was one - a TD -on adverts with rust issues n chavvey alloys for 750; sold very quickly n later appeared on donedeal about 2 weeks later for €2500...

....them G60 Steelies with centre caps all present sell well for good coin to the 'bubberz scene crew'

...very cheap for one of these with low miles; ones with 'lots of issues' usually go for €1500 here; was one - a TD -on adverts with rust issues n chavvey alloys for 750; sold very quickly n later appeared on donedeal about 2 weeks later for €2500...

....them G60 Steelies with centre caps all present sell well for good coin to the 'bubberz scene crew'

Was that the lhd silver one? If it was it was fucked in the metal.

Was that the lhd silver one? If it was it was fucked in the metal.

...it was LHD; in gun metal grey; IIRC it had 6 months test? I do like them in TD format; but it was the LHD bit that put me off; nightmare to insure here n all that; I think its on donedeal still; about 11 pages down the vintage section- €1700 last time I looked...

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, mrbenn said:

Bummer, so it's being broken?

If so, do you have any contact details for the current owner? My pal with his beige 80 might need a couple of bits.

It isn't being broken but has been ripped apart to fit a 1.8 turbo engine from another car, I imagine a mk4 Golf. He's using a different servo with brake regulator fitted to it so doesn't need the one at the rear axle.

He said that the running problem was actually just the fuel hose from the pump to the carb wasn't tight.