Parts gathering. xantia gone.

garbaldy

The bottom shock mount was a little rusty too so pulled it off and grabbed the flat bar again,  perfect size to so just drew round the original bracket and drilled the hole.

20200616_193850.jpg

Stuck it in the vice to bend which is a bit of a pain to use as it's still not even bolted down after 20 years of use, you would think I would learn.

20200616_194218.jpg

And trimmed up and smoothed of ready to fit.

20200616_202444.jpg

Spot the difference.

20200616_202511.jpg

Bolted the shocker on so as to let the bracket  find it's true place as guessing never ever works.

20200616_203808.jpg

A few spot welds to hold it and remove the shocker again ready to weld fully.

20200617_192920.jpg

Fully welded ready to buff down a little.

20200617_193144.jpg

Front buffed down and another triangle reinforcing plate stuck on the back bit to double up.

20200617_200525.jpg

Then it was a simple spray with some waxoil and let it dry for half an hour or so and stick it back together again.

20200617_202856.jpg

Welding finished just need fit a handbrake cable now and let the fither in law take it away again if he still wants to use it that is.

20200617_202836.jpg

7 hours ago, barrett said:

Assuming the power steering set-up is the same across all models, I could do with that (no idea how it works, think it is a seperate pump). Also, I'm sure you know, but it's worth keeping the high pressure pump in stock.

Not sure what the high pressure pump is,  are you on about the hydraulic system ? I've only ever had one hydro car and that was a 1400 bx so not up on these bouncy bouncy things.

15930251163806293557828313704594.jpg

Yes, that's the HP pump. They are increasingly short supply as more and more of these things get scrapped, and fit any XUD hydro Cit including BXs so it's worth keeping it in stock as it'll be easy to sell if off a known good car. I have done five mins of cursory research and I think the power steering pump is different on petrol/diesel cars so probaby no good for me, unless anyone else knows different? @Talbot?

13 hours ago, puddlethumper said:

I need the air intake pipe from the filter housing to the engine. I've seen a xantia with the same filter housing

as the Pug 1.9 xud and the pipe goes in the front instead of the back as the Pug does.

Pop up a picture of what you require as I've got four different intake set ups now.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/25/2020 at 1:35 PM, puddlethumper said:

In this pic you can see I've used one of those silver wire and paper hoses which don't

last very long. It's now covered in gaffer tape which works but is ugly.

DSCF0008.JPG

Is that a newer xud engine then if so I have manifold and all intake pipework you can have.

The pipework I have is the same shape as that but the manifold end is oval nor round. 

On 6/24/2020 at 12:54 PM, barrett said:

Assuming the power steering set-up is the same across all models, I could do with that (no idea how it works, think it is a seperate pump). Also, I'm sure you know, but it's worth keeping the high pressure pump in stock.

PAS on the Xantia has its own outlet from the HP hydraulic pump.

46 minutes ago, Jim Bell said:

Holy shitbeans. 

I didn't even know you played football. Never mind at a profesional level. 

And as they say in the premiership: Back end looks a bit low, has the compressor crapped it's pants?

So what your saying is if I do manage to get it to live again i have to take up football, maybe better sell it straight on then.

Apparently the suspension works fine or did when it was moted as it broke down two weeks after being moted and has sat ever since hence the mossy growth under it,  some Boris the animal mot left on it though so a good selling point ?

2 hours ago, garbaldy said:

So what your saying is if I do manage to get it to live again i have to take up football, maybe better sell it straight on then.

Apparently the suspension works fine or did when it was moted as it broke down two weeks after being moted and has sat ever since hence the mossy growth under it,  some Boris the animal mot left on it though so a good selling point ?

It looks VERY flash. Sure it would sell well in any condition man. 

Instead of clogging up his for sale thread I will stick this here and the outcome was a good one that's for sure.

I arrived at the house 15 mins early to make sure everything was in order to save a wasted trip,   I had a chat with the guys wife as he didn't want to even see his car leaving and was very upset,  we opened up the garage door and the cooper was still on its private plates which had been removed just not changed yet,   I pulled it out and it is in fact a cooper s which in 2008 he had fully speced  with full sunroof sat nav and all other options ticked on the order sheet.

This thing was mint and I don't say that very often and looking at it the milage was 27k as the guy would use his other car if rain was forcast, the service book has 11 anual stamps with some only 2k between this thing was faultless so after 10 mins I said I may know someone after a car would you mind if I called them,   to cut a long story short my friend agreed to buy the car from the lady for £3700 So i poped back home and grabed some money and paid her a grand deposit and my mate will collect next Saturday so I will try and grab a pic discreetly as as you can understand it's a family member to them,   

Today was collection day for two plus tons of Britishish made steel, since I don't have a trailer capable of hauling a slumbering giant it was time to use a life line and phone a friend,   we met up in Kelso and followed his rig in my older ranger,

20200712_113029.jpg

After a few miles we turn of the road a d a few miles of dirt track motoring come to a huge lake and turn right.

20200712_113432.jpg

20200712_113539.jpg

20200712_113636.jpg

And here are are at the house of the seller once more

20200712_113646.jpg

My prize awaits.

20200712_113729.jpg

After some paper swapping it was time for the hard job so trailer tilted and reverse it as close as we can to dead giant.

20200712_114712.jpg

And now this is why we took two vehicles so Hitch up some rather large strops to my ranger which is alongside the tow rig.

20200712_115927.jpg

Reverse back slowly and carefully.

20200712_120027.jpg

And bingo she's on.

20200712_120058.jpg

• 2 weeks later...