Can’t beat that Friday collection feeling

Ohdearme

e41f26444182dc3b8e1d59ca54c4546c.jpg

Yes kids, it is full hens teeth! A manual VR6 Sharan.

I can confirm the gearbox is lovely and smooth. I am able to confirm this because it is my primary means off deceleration.

Avon police ticked the option that causes application of the brakes to ten the wheels into squares so it feels like you’re falling down the stairs.

Yet more sticky callipers, I suspect.

When the brakes aren’t snagged, she is lovely and pokey.

Mot till Aug too, heated seats work, bit crust outside but generally ok.

Right back to avoiding the brakes for 200 miles!

a93eaccaa1931d92f0ca140524d59418.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does it have any blue lights in the grill mister?

No, but it does have two free mint imperials of unknown provenance in the centre cubby...

3b516baf97ab706cfdf702492c93a392.jpg

Remote lock doesn’t work, and you have to unlock it and start her up or the alarm goes off.

This could cause embarrassment as you flap about if done in public, say in Tebay services car park, for example.

Touch wood, all ok. Full write up later as need to be home at a sensible time but the air con works and bizarrely I’m on 29mpg.

V6 and 6th means it’s barely any worse than my Galaxy

Brilliant. Just brilliant. Will be following this one with interest.

I understand my local plod, PSNI, also used hopped-up Volkswagens for plainclothes work.

Nicely bought.

As a random aside, I was living in Weston-Super-Mare at the same time this big bus was registered.

Brilliant. Just brilliant. Will be following this one with interest.

I understand my local plod, PSNI, also used hopped-up Volkswagens for plainclothes work.

Nicely bought.

As a random aside, I was living in Weston-Super-Mare at the same time this big bus was registered.

Yes there were a few W8 Passats that were ex-PSNI floating round eBay etc a few years ago , also a couple of MG ZT 260s!

And this is why I don’t do fucking public transport, its a five minute taxi to the station but apparently giving them 35 minutes notice to get me a taxi and for me to explain my address to the halfwit on the phone is apparently too much to ask.

This is what a station looks like after the fucking train has just left instead of me being on the way to get the Jag back.

daacfcd11719fe595cfad69fc0a0c433.jpg

Twats. Pub beckons for a cockle warmer.

And! The fuckers got an extra quid off me because it fell down the side of the seat.

Anyway now I’ve a pint of ale on the go, what about the Sharan?

It got me back down the M74/6 and A66 (Dodged Penrith queue and went via Borough, hence Tebay debacle).

Achieved a respectable 30.2 over 220 miles when the 2.0 Galaxy has a best of 32-35 on a similar run.

120c23cf2f951694a56979ac0608f4ab.jpg

There’s a bit of a speed related noise on the left front, not a bearing, maybe a bit of a scrape like the brake backing plate.

I’m going to have the wheels off over the next week to see what the deal with the brake judder is/was. Front face of discs all look clean and not scored/pitted, etc.

I have a spare set of discs from Bangernomics but I don’t think there interchangeable as the calipers and housings look a bit different on the vr6 - to be expected.

Inside is alcantara and leather. Front seats are furry but a stab with the wife’s Remington Fuzz-Away knock off (whilst waiting for the phantom taxi) has had some positive effect already.

befaebdc13df396ff30520d4c4085778.jpg

cce9ef0ce24848d7b5985dbd91de145e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It has more cubbies than a saab 9-5, vid to follow and as its the top o’line Carat, it has wood* galore, a cooled glove box and rear air con.

Confused me at first as the air con is set up front/rear on the controls not left/right compartment.

d518a8c5165d8d9a0c389273cddfa70b.jpg

It has parky sensors that don’t work. So I’ll do the ticky ticky test and hopefully find a culprit later.

Worst bit is the left two doors.

6ebbd47ae5435650070fc975d66cccdf.jpg

0c6f8449b0e154186567928322774452.jpg

It is a Cat C (but then so the Red one is a cat something or other anyway) so I suspect these doors may not be the originals.

A quick wire brush back and spray over will do for the money though.

There’s also a full set of original mats in the boot but I am a few headrests short.

You utter, utter winner.  Jim Bell and I spend ages looking at this, Jim was even considering stealing some children to justify it.

Two randoms please.

You should have said, its the Easter Holidays and I would have happily supplied children for this! They would have been delighted to go back down to South Shields for ice cream, and the roffle would no doubt tie in nicely with getting them back for next term :)