Bedford shorty coach thing

dollywobbler

s-l1600-27_zpsqwdy8unl.jpg

We are the South Preservation Society.

That's ace, there's one like this that floats about Plymouth but it looks much older with a lovely chrome grille that's slightly oval in shape, and I'm sure it has fins over the rear lights which again makes it look older. It's apparently available for hire and I might be just doing that as part of my 50th birthday bash in just under 12 months time

They didn't. It's a recent(ish) modification. Probably because the usual chrome grille was missing/beaten to fuck and made of purest unobtanium.

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Have a slightly bigger small Bedford coach thingy.

I think that's the same one used in an old VOSA training video, where later on the VOSA wheeltapper starts feeling about inside a wheelarch of a D10M in London

Ahhh, a Citybus. D10Ms, like B9Ms, DO NOT FUCKING EXIST.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Explain this then. The B9M seems to have existed enough for badges to be made, unless somebody cobbled this one up using an upsidedown 6 from a B6.

12837057003_c47279495b_c.jpg

The Wray way by Adam Floyd, on Flickr

Explain this then. The B9M seems to have existed enough for badges to be made, unless somebody cobbled this one up using an upsidedown 6 from a B6.

12837057003_c47279495b_c.jpg

The Wray way by Adam Floyd, on Flickr

I've seen B9M badges, all of which have been on Mk.4 B10M-48s like that B10M-48 in the picture.

However there is no actual reference to a B9M in Volvo speak, nor is there a D10M; they (almost all) carried B10M on the chassis plate, largely because short B10Ms didn't have a 9-litre engine. I say almost all; our former demonstrator B10M Citybus was a development hack and it's chassis designation was BD10X.

I've seen B9M badges, all of which have been on Mk.4 B10M-48s like that B10M-48 in the picture.

However there is no actual reference to a B9M in Volvo speak, nor is there a D10M; they (almost all) carried B10M on the chassis plate, largely because short B10Ms didn't have a 9-litre engine. I say almost all; our former demonstrator B10M Citybus was a development hack and it's chassis designation was BD10X.

It must be some kind of 'semi-official' thing then - maybe the UK supplier realised customers were calling them B9Ms for some reason and decided to badge them as such but I've never actually seen a proper explanation. Officially they're B10M-46 and B10M-48 and the B9M name doesn't actually make any sense as they're neither 9 metres long nor have a 9-litre engine (unlike the B9R).