Bedford shorty coach thing

dollywobbler

Apparently these were made from full size Plaxton parts hence the daft appearance. Most were on Bedford CF chassis with either petrol or diesel engines, but some also appeared on a Mercedes L608D chassis.they also apparently retain the original inner wings, which are prone to rotting out inside.

• 7 years later...

Heres something more austere but similar I had 5 years ago. I bought it out of a Leicester scrapyard- it was probably there because it had a York engine. I'd never had the pleasure of these maligned motors, and was a little surprised that it performed and started faultlessly even hauling this heavy lump around. Not fast with 16 people on board, but it had a bell. Perfect.

post-7547-0-34759500-1483020729_thumb.jpg

Interesting door arrangement on one of the J type Bedfords. It looks like the rear one can only be opened after the front one like on the wanky Mazda and the Mini-pudding-Clubman.

I still have a couple of vehicles with wipers pivoting from the top of the screen, and can confirm that they're proper nice. With no seatbelts there is the possibility that ones forehead will come into contact with the sharp metal switch on the motor, so they can be considered to be safety feature in that they remind you not to run into things.

Some Mini Supremes in miniature. These are 1/76 scale resin kits by a small cottage industry manufacturer in Northampton called Paragon Kits.

31861622281_e0e486ea35_c.jpg

Mini Supremes by Adam Floyd, on Flickr

The Bedford version was originally released 15 years ago and this is the one I built then, when I was just 16

31830192202_1c3ac06189_c.jpg

The original Mini Supreme by Adam Floyd, on Flickr

This kit was reissued this year and I've just built another, finished only yesterday

31830192402_e0cccdeb5b_c.jpg

New Bedford by Adam Floyd, on Flickr

The Bedford was superseded by a larger version based on the Mercedes L608D and a new kit of this was released recently

31604762590_cfd4269648_c.jpg

Mini Supreme Merc by Adam Floyd, on Flickr

And now you know where my username comes from - Quicksilver is my fictional model coach fleet.

A comment in another photo on Flickr says the body was destroyed to convert it to a flatbed or pickup.

DVLA says 213 SYB is still untaxed, still unmot'd, still beige.

Seems a darn shame, considering the rarity of the bus. £2500 seemed a good price- maybe the framework of the body was rotten?

now you know where my username comes from - Quicksilver is my fictional model coach fleet.

...and I imagined it was because your first car was one of those blinged-up 206's, even though I've struggled to imagine you in one of those. It's all starting to make much more sense now.