Rapport Ritz

sierraman

Can't imagine they sold very many.....That convertible picture looks distinctly "artist-enhanced" as well!    You would indeed be Autoshite Gold Standard if you found one, although I suspect you could knock up a replica using an office air-con unit and some scrap Ford parts.

01-E5-D4-FC-05-CA-4012-AAD6-681-D81-B6-C

Shitting hell, look at this Range Roller 4WD limo BEAST! Looks like Rapport built some proper high dollar turds!

Quite a lot of information about Rapport here. You absolutely have to scroll through this lot: http://www.range-rover-classic.com/Home/land-rover-brochures/range-rover-specials/rapport-ltd---uk

Sort of worth copying that page over to here for another online copy. That’s quite an old page and that sort of early webpage stuff often disappears offline.

There was this thing as well....Not so much Patsy Stone as Patsy Palmer. 

post-5367-0-97233100-1554556617_thumb.jpg

post-5367-0-35414100-1554556862_thumb.jpg 

Eight and half bags they were, in 1981.   About the same as a Granada GLS.    

They proper fleeced you for the extras, though,  

Not Cab Black - £95 bought you an Austin colour or three other "Special" shades for £350 extra.   Micky-the-Cab in the Arches could have probably blown it over for you for fifty quid.... 

Additional (read Any) Soundproofing another three hundred sovs.  Without tip. 

Softened Seating with Headroll and Thigh roll (sounds like Cynthia Payne).  £800 guv.  Before midnight....

It gets silly after that....Air Con £2700 (that's nearly a whole Pug 104) or TV to watch Fred Housego on £1070.   

All above prices North of the River only.

01-E5-D4-FC-05-CA-4012-AAD6-681-D81-B6-C

Shitting hell, look at this Range Roller 4WD limo BEAST! Looks like Rapport built some proper high dollar turds!

Quite a lot of information about Rapport here. You absolutely have to scroll through this lot: http://www.range-rover-classic.com/Home/land-rover-brochures/range-rover-specials/rapport-ltd---uk

Sort of worth copying that page over to here for another online copy. That’s quite an old page and that sort of early webpage stuff often disappears offline.

That link is a top find :-)

I saw one of their stretch Range Rovers at a boot sale a few years ago. It was dripping with faded/outdated bling, such as gold plated bumpers. Had a brief chat with the owner, who admitted to owning another one. The one I saw was a bit of a disappointment when it started up, with clouds of black smoke from its diesel engine.

It’s the shape before that I think.

Yes, the Rapport is based on the MK1.

My brother had one on a T reg and that only lasted until 1993.

He has a talent for buying cars that look nice and shiny but dissolve after two winters and this was no exception.