1. spike60

spike60

• Similar Content

• By Burnside
      Well after almost 11 years it time to part ways with my Cavalier as recent changes mean I'm needing a estate car now. 
      It's in tidy condition for it age and years but is no show car, though saying that I get plenty of nice comments off people about it which is nice!  Will be really sad to see it go as it's been a fantastic car to me and has always been a dependable friend. Holidays, house moves, days out, road trips buying tat or being on family taxi duty. It does it all without fuss. 
      I have folders full of various receipts and bills for work carried out over the years and have got various spares mainly used that I can include if wanted.  I also have a compete spare 1.8 engine with 74,000 miles available too. 
      Mileage is 204,000 but I did replace the engine with a secondhand unit about a year after first buying it with similar miles due to a oil pressure fault.  Though I've seen these Cavaliers with over  250,000+ miles and I have no issues with driving this car anywhere as these are hardy things. 
      I've always serviced the car each year and always use a quality 15w40 oil.   In recent years it had all new shocks/ front springs and top mounts. Front Brakes and had various other parts replaced as needed to keep it ticking over. 
      Has Pas, leccy front windows and central locking. Also has working Towbar see pic bellow. 
      There so much more I can say but I'd be here all night!
      Currently awaiting some Mot repairs to sort out emissions [ replace front downpipe ] and some minor welding to the rear floor pan . It should be ready for me to collect by Friday.  Any questions just ask away. Will add some pictures over the weekend once I've got the Car back. Still Insured till the end of May and Taxed etc. 

• By Nyphur
      This started out as a collection thread for the Colt I won from BarryShitpeas / WilsonWilson / JimBell / whatever he is known as in the year 2023 when you are reading this. It then formed into my just general bollocks thread on running / maintaining the Colt, my Micra, Octavia and other odds and sods.

Enjoy*

---------------------------------------------------

As you may have seen in the ROFL thread, my lucky dip came up trumps, and I bagged myself a 1988 1.5 Auto Mitsubishi Colt. AKA the thinking man’s Golf GTI.

Courtesy of draw machine Merlin, set of balls number 8, and bonus ball 10 I will tomorrow be venturing off oop North to collect the Autoshite Colt from WilsonWilson, and bringing it back darn Sarf to accompany the Micra.

If you look at the stats for this draw, it states “0 jackpot winnersâ€. I dispute this, as it’s a well documented fact that only winners drive a Colt; I can feel myself becoming more successful already.

This collection will be a bit of a slow burner… the itinerary is as follows:

set off from Berks tomorrow when I finish work at 1 ish drive to Newcastle and rendez-vous with WilsonWilson by 7 ish collect Colt find big stick to beat the honeys off it with decamp to a local hotel head out for the evening and sample the local shitelife head back Sunday Win  
      A quick thumbs up to my insurance company Hastings who added the Colt to my existing policy for 28 days for £25. The mathematicians amongst you will recognise that equates to under £1 a day, which for temporary, fully comp cover, is a bargain in my book (and buys me some time to shop around for proper quotes). Considering most of the day-insure style quotes I looked at were more than that for 24 hours, mustn’t grumble.

Watch this space tomorrow. 600 mile round trip!
    • By drivewaymyway
      Hiya all...  My brother has bought a new Vectra, his old Vectra is sitting on his drive, it's a 1.8 Petrol, it is 1999, and 170k ....  usual rust bubbles, it has been serviced but he's not great at cleaning so it probably stinks, no MOT and it stalls at when you stop at traffic lights and junctions. He has spend loads on it over the years trying to get it fixed but the mechanic that my brother uses recons the fuel pump is the problem although I can't see it because it as had this characteristic for the 10 or so years he has had it and it always starts no problem.. like I say it's had loads of new bits but still stalls, other than the rusty bits it all seems to be there.  That is all I know about it. He wants £110 for it because that's scrap value. If you want a cheapie project come to Reading and drag drive it away..
    • By blackbird
      Nissan Primera 2.0 P11-144 Sport
      Starts - every time
      Drives - some noises
      Stops - some judder
      Boring , but has never let us down

Silver
      petrol
      Manual
      Hatchback
      Cloth interior
      Standard Alloys