Renault Alpines in the Autotrader

MrRegieRitmo

CBA to watch TG. When 'Er Indoors suggests we watch Fartbeat on a sunday eve I am more than happy. Decent motors and decent soundtrack are at least guaranteed there. :)

Her household is a fan of both, so I get forced to watch Heartbeat & then The Royal alternately. Then I get alot of whining in my left ear when they've killed or maimed yet another poor defenceless animal as part of the storylines. I always get a "That's what I don't like about Heartbeat!", when I can be bothered, I summon up a retort along the lines of "It wasn't really run over!" (shot/stood on/flung over that guy's shoulder) *delete as necessary*

HaHa, I fuggin hate all that Fartbeat shit. A hideous saccharine world that never ever existed were you can even ignore and eradicate things that are frowned on e.g smoking.....Awful 'comfort' Sunday night telly :evil: .....And what are they still doing in the Sixties anyway :?: Surely it should be the late Seventies by now with Punks coming in and wrecking that pub and the locals. Vile :x Also, my mate helped convert the Renault to radio control for that DVD and he told me it was in very good condition.

That's all a little bit harsh isn't it? Since when did TV programmes ever represent reality? Heartbeat and The Royal, not to mention Last of the Summer Wine, and even Only Fools and Horses are just enjoyable escapism- undemanding, non-threatening, easy viewing to relax with after Sunday Dinner prior to confronting the reality of Monday Morning! The fact that they happen to feature some lovely old motors, and some lovely old music, is just a bonus! And, in my case, Heartbeat has the added advantage of being filmed in the area I lived in for 20 odd years, so I recognise and love many of the locations.

Clarkson clearly hates France and all things French.

Actually he likes the french and is generally jealous of them having great roads, space and quality of life, but does pick up on the stereo-types for a cheap laugh.He sent the RAOC (alpine club) a letter apologising and saying that the idea of the show was to say that the french don't do supercars...... And then finishing it with the bugatti which is made in.... France. He basically said that they'd have used a venturi instead if one had come up at the right price.

What! Smashing up a Venturi is equally out of order if you ask me. He should have smashed a Laguna if he absolutley had to destroy a french car, they are bloody awful.Anyway take heart from the story about someone setting up a £500 standing order to the diabetic society from his current account, after he put his bank details in his newspaper column to prove it was perfectly safe.http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7174760.stmHAR HAR HAR.

What! Smashing up a Venturi is equally out of order if you ask me. He should have smashed a Laguna if he absolutley had to destroy a french car, they are bloody awful.

I absolutely agree. My post was in no way intended to suggest that he isn't a to55er!

When it comes down to it there is no difference between Clarkson's DVDs and Banger Racing. i.e They bought the car and they can do whatever they want with it......It's just that when it comes to the DVDs and the money involved that that Alpine, although in excellent condition, was nothing more than a Banger to be destroyed......Sad I know and it's just an unlucky situation.But, when you sell a car you no longer have any say in the matter as regards it's future.Which is one of the reasons why I will never sell any of mine. I'm too worried about what could happen to them....

Which is one of the reasons why I will never sell any of mine. I'm too worried about what could happen to them....

Is that why you only buy Fiats so that should you ever need the money, you won't be forced to look at them as a means of making any money?just kidding, I love Fiat I do! I had to sell my Fiesta to make some money but was bought for £2000 when it was 7 years old, it was my daily driver not my banger, so I hoped to get something for it. Sold it at 9 years old for £875 which I was grateful to get!