There's nothing here yet

• Similar Content

• By TheDoctor
      Going to roffle for a fiver a ticket, two for £8, 3 for £11
      In good working order apart from the head gasket. 
      Put the ventilated header tank cap on, take it easy and bring spare water and you will be able to drive it home. 

It doesn't overheat, just pressure in the cooling system. Cylinder compression is good. 
      MOT April 2020

• By DialATune
      This has been dragging with the end tantalisingly in sight, so inspired by the worthy @SRi05 I'll pop it in here and see if anyone who doesn't visit 'Shite For Sale' is interested...

Quoting now...

After having recently gone through the fun* of selling a car on eBay, I thought I'd try my luck on here. I only bought this a couple of weeks ago on a whim, thinking it would be ideal for shooting down to France with the wife and the dog to visit the in-laws, but the wife has taken against it HARD due to the lack of air-con (she's not worried about us - it's the dog!). So it has to go.
      Bad bits first, as is AS tradition. The A/C really is gone. No amount of re-gassing will fix this! A few patches of rust here and there - none look bad enough for welding. A bit of rust converter and bondo and job jobbed was my plan. Laquer is starting to peel in a few places. The remote central locking doesn't always unlock the passenger side door (although it does always seem to lock it, which is odd). Tailgate has a decent dent in it. Nothing to do with me, it came free with the car. Tailgate still works fine, though.
      Good bits. Maybe it has been too long since I was last in a rear-wheel drive, but it feels to me like it pulls away from the line very nicely. The six-speed box feels nice and precise, and lets you trundle along at 70mph with the engine only doing about two and a half thousand revs (not had it long enough to really measure fuel efficiency). MOT until Feb and taxed to get you home.
      Located in Ipswich. I was thinking £9 per ticket, or two for £16, three for £21. Any takers?

PRICE DROP !!!!
      £8 for one, £14 for two, £19 for three. Buy Buy Buy!!!!

• By Burnside
      Well after almost 11 years it time to part ways with my Cavalier as recent changes mean I'm needing a estate car now. 
      It's in tidy condition for it age and years but is no show car, though saying that I get plenty of nice comments off people about it which is nice!  Will be really sad to see it go as it's been a fantastic car to me and has always been a dependable friend. Holidays, house moves, days out, road trips buying tat or being on family taxi duty. It does it all without fuss. 
      I have folders full of various receipts and bills for work carried out over the years and have got various spares mainly used that I can include if wanted.  I also have a compete spare 1.8 engine with 74,000 miles available too. 
      Mileage is 204,000 but I did replace the engine with a secondhand unit about a year after first buying it with similar miles due to a oil pressure fault.  Though I've seen these Cavaliers with over  250,000+ miles and I have no issues with driving this car anywhere as these are hardy things. 
      I've always serviced the car each year and always use a quality 15w40 oil.   In recent years it had all new shocks/ front springs and top mounts. Front Brakes and had various other parts replaced as needed to keep it ticking over. 
      Has Pas, leccy front windows and central locking. Also has working Towbar see pic bellow. 
      There so much more I can say but I'd be here all night!
      Currently awaiting some Mot repairs to sort out emissions [ replace front downpipe ] and some minor welding to the rear floor pan . It should be ready for me to collect by Friday.  Any questions just ask away. Will add some pictures over the weekend once I've got the Car back. Still Insured till the end of May and Taxed etc. 

• By AlsoMike
      I bought this as a stopgap, its purpose has been filled, and now I need something more economical.
      Its a 2000 Mazda 323F, with a 1.8 petrol engine and auto box (4 speed with lock out in top). Its in decent enough condition, looks tidy, starts, runs and drives with no major issues, decent amount of poke when needed. MoT is till November.  Interior is very tidy and shows little wear. Leccy windows, mirrors, sunroof which all work, AC which does not. The downsides are there are 3 small chips in the windscreen, all less than 10mm. And it could do with a tyre changing on the front as its cracked with age.

20190412_183535

20190412_183554

More photos when its stops raining. Oh, and economy-wise it averages around 33mpg with mixed driving, more on a long run.
      Looking for £300 for a sale, or prepared to roffle at £5 if theres enough interest, could do with shifting it relatively quickly though. I'm also up for swaps, preferably for something small, petrol and manual. Small Peugeots are a preference.
      Oh, and its in Lincoln. Sorry.

• By Burnside
      Right due to a mixture of life being a pita and the lack of money and space. I really need to get a car shifted before September ideally.
      So although this wasn't in the original plan, what better than me offering two Cars For Sale / Roffles instead ! 
      Plus Points,
       2006 Met Black Fiat Stilo 1.6 petrol Active SW. 4 Owners , 48,912 only with Mot till next April, Starts, Run's + Drives fine and engine seam's to have plenty of get up and go. Clutch is ok too. Brakes seam good inc handbrake. Blowers work ok. Front Leccy Windows + Mirrors. PAS inc City Button, Central Locking, CD player.  Looks to have had a full new Exhaust and Windscreen replacement recently. Tyres all have plenty of tread and spare wheel and tool kit is present. No fault codes on Dash. V5 arrived today in my name. 
      Negative Points,
      Interior isn't great. Worst is being the headlining and rear boot carpet, but is 99% complete. Bodywork has some interesting dents see pics! Also has poor previous repairs to nearside doors and is declared on logbook as being a previous salvaged vehicle.  Nearside front door doesn't lock on the outside but locks fine inside. Tailgate rattles slightly [ needs adjustment ] No service history so Cambelt Roulette at present, but Fiat reckon next change assuming it's had one would be 72K. Clonking / Rattle underneath suspect anti-roll bar joint as advised on last Mot. 
      Despite it's appearances though this car has potential. I feel that with a bit of time invested and a few trips to a scrappy as I'd planned to do, would improve it no end. But otherwise it would make a ideal cheap workhorse / dog carrier etc as is, that would also last you till next April and beyond without too much bother. 
      Car is untaxed but will Sorn if not Sold shortly and no Insurance. 
      Just want back what it owe's me so far. AS price is £350 firm or £6 a Roffle Ticket. 
      If the Cavalier sell's before the Stilo, then I may keep this car as originally intended but we see how things go.  Worst case I'll sell both and have to go Car shopping again! 
      Car located Midlands near Jct 10 M42 at present.