shoddybanger

Shoddybanger maintains bangers - Volvo has me stumped.. halp?

Thanks, hairymel! Eric O. is my usual source of car diagnostics info, but I noped out of that video a couple days ago as soon as he whipped out that full-blown diagnostic kit.

Now that I've watched the video again, I guess I just need to source some kit to make it happen.. so I need to be able to tee into the fuel line before the fuel rail to be able to control the flow, and I need to be able to cut off the return loop as well. And then it's just a process of elimination.

Ah, where's my mojo at, when I need it...

Think you only need to find a way to cut off fuel flow between the pump and after the pressure reg.

Dunno about vulvas but most ford's you can use a bit of 8mm copper microbore and a bit of fuel hose to bridge the quick connects.

ie female connector has a bit of microbore shoved in it then a bit of fuel hose that pushes onto the male connector. Plus a couple of jubilee clips.

Do that before the fuel rail and after the reg then power up.

Crimp the pump side hose and you rule out the pump back feeding 

Crimp the return and power off and you at least narrow it to reg and injectors

That is a good plan of attack. The fittings appear to be threaded on the volvo, but I've ordered a cheap kit of bits and bobs and tees, so I shall commence testing when they arrive. In the meantime I've figured out that I need to cycle the ignition on a couple of times before starting from cold to bring up the pressure sufficiently for a trouble-free start, so all is good re/ conveyance.