Austin Maxi

keef

8 hours ago, keef said:

Thanks @LightBulbFun. :)

You don't seem to be able to access the data a second time. :(

I can access the same data twice just fine on my end? it does have a finite amount of look ups per day (not sure when it resets, but by the next day I know it does)

so maybe you just happen to run into that limit for the day?

26 minutes ago, bunglebus said:

That's a useful tool but threw up a spurious colour change on a vehicle I know was definitely never orange when it was built!

yeah Im not sure how accurate the colour change thing is, my special tool has the same field, except I have never seen it show any previous colours even for vehicles I know have been different colours

I have found the rest of the datasets to be accurate most of the time (there are some edge cases where current keepers dont get recorded/updated, like TPA621M still shows as having the same keeper since 1996! but these edge cases are pretty rare)

Working again now, although I am on a different device. I wonder if the data or rather the device access to it,  is cached?

It says it is not non EU import, so imported from EU?

• PREVIOUS KEEPER CHANGED ON03-04-2008
    30-03-2005
    16-10-2000
    19-03-1995

10 hours ago, keef said:

It says it is not non EU import, so imported from EU?

yeah that flag is set to no, means it was imported from within the EU

if its set to Yes then it means its from outside the EU, like a JDM import or the such like

10 hours ago, sloth said:

interesting tool. dads old ford sierra dbu230y still shows as alive but im very sure it isnt. last owner change was dad in 97.  yes it was a droopy mirror early spec 4 speed.

yeah not everything was marked as scrapped back then, it was up to you/the scrap yard to check the "vehicle scrapped" box on the V5 and send it back to the DVLC

My hunt for an early (1969 a 1970) cable changer has produced two possibilities.

A blue 1969 Maxi in Holland. Recently imported from Belgium.

And a white 1969 one in Sweden -

Whilst I have imported from Belgium, I have never done the same from Scandinavia. Anyone any contacts for transport at all?

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

2 hours ago, keef said:

This one you mean?

Seems to be about a van rather than estate, but I will have a read: thanks.

Would be this one...… Page 10 onwards if it doesn't take you to the right post. Clicking on the arrow top right should link to the first relevant post though. I don't know about transporting though sorry as I elected to drive mine home.

26 minutes ago, keef said:

MBH349H, if that is the reg. May not even have been registered with DVLC, as prior to 1974 (I think) cars were registered with Local Offices and were not on computer. ;)

indeed, and even if it made it onto the DVLA computer, it may still have vanished as they archived off a lot of early 1980's stuff at one point

(ie stuff that had seen no activity ie taxation or keeper changes etc since the 1981 or so, got archived off the DVLC computer at some unknown point in time)

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, MorrisItalSLX said:

It’s a Maxi in Australia!

1698FE57-964F-4FAA-B04B-27F21EFCE18F.jpeg.a56096b43bf0415ede0630b8ee6441c6.jpeg

Presumably built in New Zealand, now sans engine and gearbox. Good luck finding one here! Shame, as I totally would otherwise.

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/1256796828?utm_campaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=ios_VIP&utm_medium=social&utm_source=sms