Austin Maxi

keef

SVJ142H - Nicely scruffy 1500, first registered in July 1970, snapped at Kilbroney in Northern Ireland back in June 2017.

attachicon.gifP1060301.JPG

attachicon.gifP1060303.JPG

Still seems to be in use, having passed an MOT just a few weeks ago.

attachicon.gifPB090090.JPG

XON249T - March 1979 registered 1750HL, snapped at the NEC back in November 2007 - but DVLA indicates that the tax ran out in October 2012, the MOT expired in April 2013, and there's no SORN in place or export marker... which isn't a good sign.

Is XON left-hand drive? Just noticed the wipers are pointing the other way and it isn't clear under the NEC's quality* lighting but the wheel appears to be on the left. Wonder what the story is.

Is XON left-hand drive? Just noticed the wipers are pointing the other way and it isn't clear under the NEC's quality* lighting but the wheel appears to be on the left. Wonder what the story is.

Cor, well noticed - I'd never twigged. Yup, the wipers are indeed the other way round from every other Maxi shown on this thread; unfortunately I can't remember noticing at the time whether it was a left-hooker. But DVLA seems to reckon it's been UK registered from new...

How very odd.

I am still looking for an engine and box for my 1981 1750 HL, then I can get it back on the road. Anybody got one spare? Even a whole car? I'll put the reg up when I remember it...

post-17915-0-48609100-1553688706_thumb.jpg

If you're handy with a tub of Chemical Metal and a grinder, and don't mind losing 250-ish ccs, you might be able to cut a deal with the Ulster Transport Museum...

(sorry, not helping)

I am still looking for an engine and box for my 1981 1750 HL, then I can get it back on the road. Anybody got one spare? Even a whole car? I'll put the reg up when I remember it...

Sure we can sort you something out. Where in the country/world are you? Could you collect from Bristol?

This one lives on a farm I drive past a lot (I used to occasionally see it in motion - it had a fair turn of speed on it!) - I haven't seen it for a while, but apparently it's on SORN, so hopefully still exists.  There was a blue one there for some time before that, and a lovely brown Vanden Plas Allegro was there for a while too.

post-3005-0-98113900-1553720945_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

RWM 658T

✗ Untaxed

Tax due:

01 February 1987

Incorrect tax status?

MOT

No details held by DVLA

Incorrect MOT status?

PTU 167L

✗ Untaxed

Tax due:

01 February 1984

Incorrect tax status?

MOT

No results returned

Incorrect MOT status?

Do you have a source for the air filters for the TC? BL909874, or Fram CA3131, Motorcraft EFA169, same as TC Allegro. Can only find ones over £20 ea!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128691640@N04/30900630095/

Have you tried Ernie for the filters? - https://www.facebook.com/pages/AGM-Spares/1538213126473822

Have a 1750 with a seized piston you can have for £20, if any use?