Die Hat Sue Charade. 2004. For Sale. Now with piccies.

Barry Cade

I have just made a late night Ebay purchase, so the little Charade has to go. Mrs Cade bought a Fiat 500L, so I bought her wee red Daihatsu for running round the site. It's a little smoll for the dug, my tools and I really need a towbar so I'm moving it on. The 9-5 Aero is staying....

2004- Reg is DV04YLC. Charade 5 door SL,- yep, the Luxury one. £30 a year road tax. Insurance was £200 FC with no- no claims, it does well over 50 MPG and even says "Hello HaPPy" when you start it up :)

Being an SL, it has central locking, electric mirrors, JVC mechless stereo with USB, electric windows and freezing cold AIR CON. It's never asked anything since we've had it, apart from some new tyres. The original alloys were really tatty and the centre caps were missing, so I got 4 Kia Picanto wheels and trimz and put them on. You can have the alloys if you want too. It is really tiny, but surprisingly good on the motorway- 85 is easily possible as a cruise, and it sounds great being a triple. 2 keys, original handbook and wallet and some old reciepts and mot's.

The cambelt kit was changed October 2017 and an exhaust in September 2017. MOT is 20th July.

Bad points?

The EML is on- code is for a Lambda sensor. It's been running around the campsite for a few months so needs a good blast, Lambda sensor is £20 off Ebay

Front bumper has been touched up- paint was peeling off so it was sanded and brushed in.

Washer bottle is cracked at the top. Holds some water and the washers work fine- rear one doesn't.

That's about it- it's a mega cheap to run, fun wee car that surprised me how good it is at being an car.

I gave £400 for it, and would like this back if poss.

Don't have any pics at the mo, apart from this one parked behind the Saab. Will try and get some more tomorrow, but it needs a good hoover because Bassett.

post-62-0-78797300-1553481698_thumb.jpg

These are gr9. Had mine for 2 years and put 20k on it with no bother.

My mum has had hers since 6mths old (53 plate) and has put over 100k on it. Smokes a little as rings are worn but passes emmissions everytime. Only had 2 cambelts and 1 clutch in all that time.

Fab little cars - must resist temptation to buy yours!

I had a test drive of this the other day, it's a great wee thing.

The little engine is willing, it goes a lot better than I expected it to.

There's plenty of space for large drivers and it rides well. It's fun to drive.

It reminds me of the Subaru Justys (ies?) I used to favour but in a more refined package, it makes a similar offbeat noise, the gear lever is long and spindly and it's a cheap car but well engineered.

Someone get it bought! I was seriously tempted but the Passat works out more cost efficient for me just now and I have a load of uncollected veg to burn.

Here is it's replacement- which I went to Poulton le Fylde for..

post-62-0-07475900-1554318549_thumb.jpg

I rather like it, and it'll be a bit better than the Charade for hauling 4" waste pipe and Bailey Unicorns around. Last owner had it 12 years and it's got a load of history and reciepts. Just round the corner from the sellers (very very posh) house, was a driveway with about 8 Peugeot 205 GTi's in it. All needing a little TLC

I always wanted to try one of these, though my ideal spec would be a bog basic 3dr in metallic pink.

I reckon I could cover the cost of collecting this by punting it on here in London, where I anticipate an upswing in demand for Euro IV petrols due to the T-Charge. Should be an enjoyable day out, and Megabus go to Stirling, though I'd apparently need to pay a bit more to split my journey in Glasgow if I want to arrive during daylight hours. I'm a bit busy for the next couple of weeks, but happy to pay up front if you can wait? I'd better clear it with my wife first though, am out at the moment.

Alternatively if anyone else really wants it but can't collect then I'll volunteer my services if you pay for my coach tickets, fuel and food.

Well my wife initially said "YOU ARE NOT BUYING ANY MORE CARS!!1!" but relented when I promised that I'd try to flog it on when I got back, and now quite fancies the adventure of an overnight bus trip and an 8 hour drive home. I was thinking maybe get the overnight bus on Wednesday 17th, arriving in Stirling late morning Thursday 18th, but could do a day or two either side assuming the coach tickets aren't vastly more expensive. Would need to book them soonish to get the cheapest deal.

So it's now a solid offer from me, though obviously if anyone wants to get in sooner and/or 'keep it in the fold' then by all means. I'd be happy to punt it on to a Southern shiter for what it owes me, but I reckon with a fresh ticket I might get £700+ for it here in the smoke; or at £30 for a year's tax I could just keep it until the T-Charge kicks in half a mile from my house.

It's on Ebay now, and ends in a few hours.you might get it for less than the asking price!- price.. don't want to end it now as there's been a few bids.