Mojo gone - what to do!

Lanciaman

Can relate to your cl500 woes. Much the same with the r129 some years back. Parts were generally available but as you say far too expensive to do the random change and hope approach. Had a brief fling with a cl55 last year but it had to go as just too scary to contemplate.

4 hours ago, tul66 said:

I've got a spare set of electronic struts kicking about if you really need some. Either that or I'll sell you my series 2.:-D

Another one would be like playing Russian roulette with all 6 chambers loaded.....will drop you a mail tho ref struts. Cheers Matt

• 2 months later...

So today was a momentous day. The bastarding thing gained it's first UK MOT - well, not quite. The replacement RHD lamps I pu t in it turned out to be very nice condition LHD lamps as well. So it did fail, but the MOT chaps going to put stickies on and it should pass tomorrow. So, by any definition, a result!  Not all a bed of roses as the clutch appears to be slipping - although it has plenty of meat on it. I did ask when the egnine out whether to replace the clutch - should have done anyway. Twat. Anyway, I think it is a cable clutch so maybe can be adjusted. But the MOT is a huge step - can now get it UK registered and actually use it.  And I will. It is a high miles car so no need to be paranoid about running up the miles. 

• 1 year later...