Mazda RX8 231 2003 Price reduced

Tigerfox

I know this is not the usual car to see on here but Tigerfox Jr has a baby on the way and he is discovering how expensive they are.

It is a 2003 231 version with the 6 speed gearbox and has only done 34k. I looked at loads before finding this one and it is very nice condition

Starts instantly, recent new battery and uses fuel at a alarming rate ! 

Mot until July and would expect it to pass as it has only done 500 miles since the last one

I have more pictures and it is advertised elsewhere for £1795 and a forum discount applies so £1675,  NOW £1500

Leather interior, air con, working electric and heated seats, bose radio/cd

PM me if you want more photos or contact details.

Car is in South Leicestershire

post-24863-0-38270700-1553326249_thumb.jpg

post-24863-0-57642100-1553326273_thumb.jpg

post-24863-0-77698300-1554709152_thumb.jpg

post-24863-0-17660900-1554709179_thumb.jpg

Oof! If I hadn't already bought a car, I would have been all over this. These cars are seriously good. If it had a German badge they would be 3x or more expensive.

These won't be this cheap forever. Quirky styling that stands out from the crowd compared to its equivalents and an engine that is very unusual and different. The handling sublime. Way, way better than any MX5.

I wondered when these would appear here. They really are sublime in their handling, I had a great day hooning one around Snetterton although the gearing is a bit too long for the race track.

I remember it doing 200miles to a tank on the track, and on the gentlest of drives to and from the circuit. I could never get it to average more than 12.5mpg.

What's it like for rust?

I had one of these - the lesser 192 model with a 5-speed 'box.  Supposedly more economical but still drank fuel like it was going out of fashion.  Lovely drive though as long as the revs were kept up, great interior and I can confirm that the handling is superb - I never managed to get it to misbehave despite occasionally driving it like a cretin.

That all depends how much he decides to spend. Most of the shit they try to sell expectant parents is unnecessary. And if anything I probably spent less over all as my social life disappeared.

GLWTS. Looks a cracker.

Getting a lot of  quality used stuff

Cannot get round being a Grandad

• 3 weeks later...

Hahahaha, don't even consider an RX8 in any flavour if you are worried about MPGs.

At any sort of revolutions, they are drinking not only loads of petrol, but a fair bit of oil as well.

They are also almost worthless, I'd happily have another one but people who haven't had one have a "thing " with them and they're a hard sell.

....At any sort of revolutions, they are drinking not only loads of petrol, but a fair bit of oil as well.

That's true of any rotary. The oil is needed to lubricate the chambers and gets burnt with the fuel anyway.

They are also almost worthless, I'd happily have another one but people who haven't had one have a "thing " with them and they're a hard sell.

There's a 2006 one that's been sitting unused for months near the village of Chenies. Moss is growing on it. I take the horse past it from time to time; it has never moved.