2000 Porsche Boxster - SOLD and GONE! 😥

SiC

This one you got was a good opportunity to get a really well looked after one off here. The interiors on them aren't the best looking but still fine (unless you want to charge your phone).

I think these interiors are much better in person than in photos. Yes they are dated compared to modern stuff in terms of modern fashion and trends but I really don't think they're that bad! Maybe nostalgia?

This interior I find a refreshing change to the modern dash of many LCDs shining in your face, soft touch plastics where a team of engineers has lost a good part of his life refining and enveloping dashes that try to cup around you.

This one is of course excellent example of a Boxster. I remember when PeterC mentioned that he was thinking of selling it and me saying to him to let me know when he was going to sell it. It maybe 19 years old but you have to see it to believe how immaculate the body work is.

In fact this reminds me, I need to do my usual todo list I have on every car.

• Replace front tyres. They're getting a bit old now.
  • Drive it
  • Replace rear tyres. Don't need doing till next year but they're getting to the 5 year mark and this is a performance car. I know PeterC said he got them replaced when he bought it. Looks like nearside was an older stock unit as that is 2013 date code Vs offside which is 2015 date code.
  • Drive it some more
  • Polish it
  • Go on an European road trip
  • Finish enjoying the summer in it
  • Tuck it away at the start of winter

Quite a bit to do! Luckily Spring has sprung and Summer isn't far away. :)

I’m on my phone and might have missed it.. but how much does a boxster go for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A great price. That's all I want to say.

I obviously paid less than original asking price because of that cat marker. Honestly would have preferred to pay more without it but unfortunately it's not the case. Totally sucks it had the marker on and I do reckon it's a screwup on the VCAR register. Unless I can find a way of getting rid of it legitimately it will always be a little dark cloud hanging over it and affecting it's value.

<Mike_Brewer_Mode> If I got it any cheaper I would have been locked up by the Rozzers for stealing it! </Mike_Brewer_Mode>

Lovely purchase. I was taken for a spin in a cayman by a friend a few years back and it reminded me of the first time I went in a 911... One owned by a mclaren team mechanic, 1980s with roll cage etc.

I think the 2/4 on the fuel gauge would trigger the mathematician in me everytime I looked at it.

Would indeed have a Boxter but being 6ft 4/5 and I once attempted to drive a friends, i drove no more than 20 yards, threw the door open, threw him back the keys and said Sod that!

The steering wheel was attached to my knees! My head crooked against the roof....an awful experience, mind you I bet would be a nice car if you are shorter

Would indeed have a Boxter but being 6ft 4/5 and I once attempted to drive a friends, i drove no more than 20 yards, threw the door open, threw him back the keys and said Sod that!

Did it have the centre console in? If so the GT delete kit apparently makes it more bareable. Not sure how tall PeterC is (hes a bit taller than me but I'm only 5ft10in) but he said he had to put the delete kit in fit comfortably.

Crikey now you’ve got me....I’m not sure - it was a slightly later Boxter (2005). Shame as I would have had one by now if I could have fitted in comfortably...

Maybe related to this but a 911.... about 05/06 - how do they fair inside for room?

Hopefully someone else can answer that, as I fit comfortably in all of them! About the only benefit of being short arse/average height.

In other news.

Getting old has its benefits too. Except ouch at that excess.

3a2bb3a8ad05ae337b2b3bc02d8109b6.jpg

Going out for a meal with the in-laws tomorrow. You can guess which car we will be taking! :)

3f74078055bc56796e08b172ebadc518.jpg

Looks a lovely car, but I just couldn't own a Porsche. I'd feel all strange.

Suits you sir.

Anyway, my only Boxster story is I was working with a wealthy lad (auditing) when these were new around the turn of the millennium. We were auditing some of the lowest paid staff at an un-named local authority. I turned up each day in my '91 Uno, him in his flash harry motor. The staff actually made a complaint to our boss, they refused to be audited by someone who could afford a car like that.

Anyway, my only Boxster story is I was working with a wealthy lad (auditing) when these were new around the turn of the millennium. We were auditing some of the lowest paid staff at an un-named local authority. I turned up each day in my '91 Uno, him in his flash harry motor. The staff actually made a complaint to our boss, they refused to be audited by someone who could afford a car like that.

Right there is the main reason why I wouldn’t take mine to a client site - turning up in 20k worth of 3 series and nobody will bat an eyelid but my six grand Boxster would almost certainly result in “we’re paying him too much” type comments

A thoroughly enjoyable 275 miles this weekend giving an average of 30.2mpg. Pretty damn respectable that.

d881112714d10a582ba0b3a69af70c49.jpg

Not much else to report really! Car is performing admirally.

Also getting more confident driving it and starting to chuck it around. Very respectfully as no computers to catch when talent runs out!

Mrs SiC drive it for the first time earlier and got on with it very well. No doubt this means this is definitely a keeper.

Looks a lovely car, but I just couldn't own a Porsche. I'd feel all strange.

To be honest I'm not bothered about the badge on the front. I just like great driving cars that satisfying to drive.

One thing I have noticed is that you get let out far more than when in all my other cars. Even on the M4 driving back, I'd indicate out, a 4x4 in the lane next to me dropped back and then flashed me out! However at the same time I have also noticed some fellow Porsche drivers wave at you, others ignore you depending on how new theirs is and expensive.

Didn't get that when I owned and drove an MX5!

If the Boxster behaves itself under your ownership as it did for me over the past four years then you’ll have little to tell us about.

Yeah I really hope that will be the case. However this will make a boring thread! Good for me but boring for readers. Also filling this thread with pictures of it in different places won't be very exciting either!

I'll probably get some videos up of driving and other moving visuals to have something interesting.

Any tyre experts on here?

Porsche have this thing called n-rated tyres. Basically tyres have been tested by Porsche engineers.

Looking at Michelin they do a Pilot Sport 2 N2 for the same cost as a Pilot Sport 4 with no n rating. Not sure which to get, as about the same price. That PS2 is the recommended tyre, however the PS4 is a much newer design than the PS2.

I'm thinking that the PS4 is probably the better bet?